When your iOS device, be it iPhone or iPad, is not working right for some reason and you are experiencing some issues, there are many ways to fix each. But, when nothing else seems to be working, DFU mode is something worth trying. Here, in this article, we are going to answer the common question – what is DFU mode, and we are also going to show you how to enter this mode.
What is DFU mode?
First, let’s explain what DFU mode is.
DFU stands for Device Firmware Update. It is a special mode in which you place your iOS device (iPhone or iPad), and the device will be able to interface with iTunes on your Mac or your PC. The device can be restored, even though the iPhone’s system or boot loader won’t be loaded. It is the option to turn to when your iOS device is bricked or not working right for some reason.
How to enter DFU mode?
Now that you know what’s DFU mode, here are the steps to enter the mode:
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your PC or Mac
- Launch iTunes (and make sure that you have the latest iTunes version)
- Turn off your iOS device
- Next, hold the Home button and the sleep/power button for about 10 seconds then release the power button
- Keep holding the Home button until you see a message saying that iTunes has detected your device in recovery mode
- Click OK
- The screen of your iOS device will be black
Now that your iPhone or iPad is in the DFU mode, you can select the option you want, such as restore from a backup, set the device as new, and do whatever you have been planing to.
While entering the DFU may seem tricky, as you can see, it is quite simple. The most important thing about it is the fact that you can fix the issues that have been bothering you and put things back to motion again.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.