Updating iOS 14 is not only about getting a security patch. The redesigned Home Screen page, Widget, and App Library give you more options to dress up your iPhone screen. Siri is getting smarter in iOS 14 and picture-in-picture functionality allows you to use another app while FaceTiming or watching video and texting at the same time. There are more interesting features that make you want to update iOS 14 so badly. So, here it is. Everything About Updating iOS 14 And iPhone Update Issues that you should know.
Everything About Updating iOS 14 And iPhone Update Issues
iOS 14 Compatibility
The major update on iOS 14 may excite you like ever before, but you doubt if you are able to download it on your iPhone 6s. It is the oldest iPhone model that can run on iOS 13.
Luckily, all iPhone models running on iOS 13 can get iOS 14. Therefore, if you own the iPhone 6S series, iPhone SE 1st gen, or above, you can get the iOS 14. To check it, go to Settings > General > Software Update.
How To Update iOS 14 Safely
Updating the new Software on iPhone is not a big deal. You only need to go through a few simple steps to get iOS 14 on your iPhone. However, perfect preparation is also necessary to prevent iPhone update issues.
Before you start updating iOS 14 on your iPhone, don’t forget to backup your data. If the battery of your iPhone is less than 50%, plug it into a power source and charge it. When everything is ready, follow the steps below to update iOS 14.
- Connect the iPhone to a WiFi network. Make sure to choose a stable and reliable network. Otherwise, you may have an iPhone boot loop problem or the other iPhone update issues.
- Launch the Settings of your iPhone, select General, and tap Software Update.
- When you see the iOS 14 update available, tap Download and Install.
- Tap Install Now if you wish to have iOS 14 on your iPhone right away. Otherwise, choose Later.
Common iOS 14 Update Issues
As you can see, updating iOS 14 on your iPhone is not complicated at all. Even so, sometimes the unwanted things come during the updating process. For example, when you see the progress bar is moving extremely slow or iPhone stuck in the boot loop for more than one hour. This kind of issue is quite common.
Why Does the iPhone update issues appear? Most of the iPhone update issues appear due to the uncompleted process. The WiFi network could be unstable or stops working in the middle of the updating process, cannot reach the update server, or your iPhone doesn’t have enough space. All these can lead to an iPhone boot loop issue.
How To Fix the iPhone Boot Loop Issue
Some of the iPhone update issues can be solved using a simple method. If the simplest one cannot fix the problem, there are still more methods to try. So, don’t worry. First, connect the iPhone to the power source. If the situation remains the same, move to the next methods
Force Restart The Phone
- iPhone 6s series and iPhone SE 1st gen – Hold the Home and the Power buttons altogether for a few seconds. Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the buttons.
- iPhone 7 series – Press the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time, then release let go of them once you see the Apple logo on the screen.
- iPhone 8 series and newer models – Press and release the Volume Up button. Then, press and release the Volume Down button. Press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo shows up.
Put iPhone In Recovery Mode
To perform this method, you need a Mac or PC with the latest iTunes version on it. The first step, connect the iPhone to the computer using a USB cable. Next, launch iTunes on your computer. Then, put the iPhone in recovery mode.
- iPhone 6S series and iPhone SE 1st gen – Press and hold the Home and Power buttons at the same time until you see the recovery mode screen on the iPhone.
- iPhone 7 series – Press and hold the Volume and Power buttons altogether and release once the recovery mode screen appears.
- iPhone 8 series and newer models – Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Next, press and hold the Side button for a few seconds until the recovery mode screen appears.
On your Mac or PC, choose the Restore option if you want to solve iPhone stuck in the boot loop. However, your iPhone will be erased and you may lose its data.
iOS System Recovery
Putting the phone in recover mode may be effective in solving your iPhone update issues. Foremost if you have backup your iPhone data earlier. If you haven’t done it, that is a different story. In this case, use the iOS System Recovery method instead. It will not only fix the iPhone boot loop problem effectively but will also keep your data safe.
First, download and install Wondershare Dr.Fone – Repair (iOS) on your computer. Then, follow the steps to fix iPhone stuck in the boot loop issue.
- On your computer, launch Dr. Fone – Repair (iOS) and select System Repair. Then, connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB to lightning cable.
- Click iOS Repair on the left sidebar. On the next window, you will see two options i.e Standard Mode and Advanced Mode. Choose the Standard Mode option.
- Select your iPhone model and its iOS version. Then, click the Start button. Wait for the downloading process to finish.
- Click Fix Now and let Dr.Fone finish its work in repairing the iPhone stuck in boot loop issue.
How To Downgrade iOS 14
After Wondershare Dr. Fone fixes your iPhone update issues, you can start over. Make sure to follow the preparation steps properly. Let’s say you have successfully updated iOS 14 on your iPhone, but you don’t like it. You prefer the older iOS version and wish there is a safe method to downgrade iOS 14 to iOS 13. Well, there is.
As you have installed Wondershare Dr. Fone – Repair (iOS) on your computer, you can use it to downgrade iOS 14 as well. If you haven’t download it, this is the perfect time to get it because you have a chance to win a new iPhone 12 and get 40% OFF Update Insurance.