If you want to get the most out of your Microsoft Lumia 550, then you should keep the software updated. Why is this so important? It’s important for a few simple reasons. The new software version will bring many improvements in terms of stability and performance. It also may bring battery life improvements. If you are currently experiencing any issues when using your smartphone, those issues may be fixed once you update the software. Let’s not forget the features, as new software versions usually introduce something fresh and interesting! Here is how to update the software on Microsoft Lumia 550.
You may also read: How To Improve The Battery Life On Windows Phones
How to update the software on Microsoft Lumia 550
Important things before the installation:
- Charge your smartphone (make sure it has at least 50 % of battery)
- Make sure that you have enough free space (you may need up to 1.5 GB). Go to Settings > System > Storage to see if you need to free up some space
- When downloading a new software version, connect to a Wi-Fi network instead of mobile data to avoid additional costs.
- Backup your data
Note: You won’t be able to use your smartphone during the installation.
To check for updates on your Microsoft Lumia 550 and to update the software if there is a new version available, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on “Update & security”
- Tap Phone update
- Click on Check for updates
- If the an update is available, tap Install and follow the on-screen steps
- Keep in mind that the update may take some period of time 15-30 minutes, sometimes more
- Your smartphone will probably restart a few times during the installation
When the installation is completed, make sure to update the applications as well. Go to Store, tap Menu, tap Downloads and Updates > Check for Updates and then tap on Update All.
Image Source: www.mywindowsphone.com
You may also read: How To Change Country/Region Setting On Windows Phones
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.