What can you do if you just lost your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch? Is there anything that you can do? It might be that you forgot where you put it the last time or worse, someone stole it. This is an extremely stressful situation, especially if you just bought an iPhone, or if you lost the iPad with the important data. If you are the one who is facing this issue there are 2 ways out. But first, let me point out that this method won’t work if you haven’t activated Find My iPhone feature on your device. I recommend you to activate it if you haven’t already.
Go to Settings >> iCloud >> Find My iPhone swipe it on
How to Track Your Missing iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
Via browser on your Mac/PC
1. Go to URL: www.icloud.com then sign in with your Apple ID. Choose Find My iPhone.
2. If your device is online, its position will be seen on maps (3),
Click All Devices (1) then Click name of your missing device (2) and you will see the further information.
b. Lost Mode: If you click this feature, you are able to lock your missing iPhone remotely with a four-digit passcode. Or, you can display a message with your contact inside on your missing iPhone Lock screen.
c. Erase iPhone: If you click this feature, you can erase all your data and information on your missing iPhone remotely.
Via iOS Devices
1. Launch Find My iPhone application (you can download on the App Store if you don’t have it) and Sign in with Apple ID. If your device is online, its position will be shown on the maps.
2. Click on your missing device’s name (1)
3. Click Actions (2) and you will see the further information.
Features (a), (b) and (c) are similar to the explanation I provided above.
If you are lucky (after you choose the Lost Mode for your device), your iPhone will play loud sounds (if it’s near), and you will find it that way, or someone who has a big heart, will find the phone and give it back to you.
If you’re not lucky, keep calm, because no one will be able to use the iPhone EVER for the reason that it can only be activated by your Apple ID, even Apple itself cannot unlock or unlink the device from your Apple ID for the person who found the device, if they cannot provide real proof of the purchase/invoice.