TikTok is a popular platform these days. Here, users upload their short videos which are usually lip-syncing videos, dancing videos, acting or mimicry videos, etc. Also, it is especially popular among teenagers. The platform provides a lot of entertainment but sometimes it shows some errors which can be quite annoying. You might be wondering that how can such a popular platform produce errors. Well, the platform might be popular but it is still new and some technical glitches can creep in now and then. However, the TikTok team continues fixing them as much as possible. If you want to get a solution to one of these errors i.e. TikTok video not playing error, then read this article to find out.
See also: How to verify a TikTok account
Clear unnecessary data
Your app data can get collected over time and overload the app with useless data to handle every time you open the app. Also, the app may have stored a lot of information in the cache as well. This can drastically reduce the performance of your app. So, to restore the health of your app, you should delete this unnecessary data and cache from your device. To do this, follow these steps:
- First, you need to open the ‘settings’ app on your smartphone.
- Now, navigate to the ‘apps’ option in the ‘settings’ app and tap on it.
- Here, what you need to do is find the TikTok app option by scrolling, if required.
- Once you have found the TikTok app option, then tap on it.
- A new app screen will be opened where you need to find the ‘force stop’ option and tap on it.
- Now, tap on the ‘storage’ option and let a new app screen titled ‘storage’ open.
- Here, what you need to do is, tap on the ‘clear data’ option. What this is going to do is that it will clear all the data the app has accumulated after getting installed on the device. So, wait for this to finish.
- Also, you need to tap on the ‘clear cache’ option to clear the cache of the app.
- Once you are done with these steps, the TikTok app will be restored to the state it was in when it was installed/updated last time without any app data or cache.
- Now, just restart your device and start using the TikTok app. You should note that you may have to login again into the TikTok app.
Reinstall TikTok app
Sometimes the app data can get corrupted due to various reasons. So, the best way to fix this is to reinstall the app. You can do this by first uninstalling the TikTok app and then going to the Android Play Store if you use an Android device or the Apple App Store if you use an iOS device. After going to one of these platforms, you need to search for the TikTok app, open its page, and tap on the ‘install button’ near the app icon. Once you have installed the app, you can start using it after logging in.
Turn on background data
You need to enable the background data usage permission for the TikTok app. To do this, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the ‘settings’ app on your device.
- Now, open the ‘apps’ option by tapping on it.
- Scroll, if required, to get to the TikTok app and tap on it.
- You will see a ‘data usage’ option here. Tap on it.
- Then, just turn on the ‘background data’ option.
- This might fix the issue of video not playing error.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.