We are going to give you some possible reasons and some of the solutions that may help you resolve the TikTok not opening problem. Keep reading to find out how.
See also: How to edit a TikTok video after posting
Why is this happening?
There are various reasons why this problem can happen to you. For example:
- Maybe the app is currently down or it has run into a bug because many users are using it at the exact same time.
- Your phone is overheated.
- You do not have enough space on your phone for the TikTok app.
- There is a chance that your WIFI or data do not have internet access.
- When you use TikTok too much, it fills your phone’s cache memory.
- TikTok is having some technical issues.
- Your app is out of date.
Possible solutions to this issue:
Try all of these steps to see if some of these will work out for you, they are supposed to work.
- Go to your phone’s settings. Look for the Application or Memory section and click on it. Scroll through the apps that you have installed on your phone and when you find TikTok click on it. The app’s preferences should show up on your screen. Look for the Cache memory section and tap on it. Find the Delete button and simply delete all of TikTok’s cache memory from your device.
- If you do not have enough space on your phone, consider uninstalling some of the apps that you do not use often or that you do not need in general. Also, go through your phone’s data and delete some of the files that you no longer need, or maybe some pictures and videos.
- Check your internet connection. Maybe your WIFI or mobile data are turned off if so, turn them back on and try opening the app again. If you do not have a stable internet connection, try to restart your WIFI router or contact your mobile provider for more info about the data.
- If your CPU is overheated, your phone will be slower and therefore will not be able to open and load some applications. First, try deleting the most recently used applications tab. And if that does not help you, restart your phone, or better yet, turn it off for a while, wait until it cools down for a certain amount of time, then turn it back on and try again.
- Maybe the version of the app that your using is no longer up to date and is no longer supported. Go to your App Store or to the Google Play Store to check if there are any new updates available. If there is a new update available, click on the install button and wait until the installation is finished. Then after that try opening your app again.
- If these previous steps did not help you, you might have to uninstall the TikTok app. To do that go to your phone’s settings and then to the Applications. When you find the TikTok app click on it, and click on the Uninstall button. If you maybe have the app on your home screen you can uninstall it by clicking and holding on its logo. Some options will probably show up, find the Uninstall one, and tap on it. When you are done uninstalling the app, turn your phone off for a while or restart it. When you turn it on after a certain amount of time, go to the App Store or the Google Play Store, search for TikTok, and install the app again.
- There is a possibility that the app itself is having some technical issues, you cannot do much about it, you will just have to wait until the problem resolves itself.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.