The iPhone and iPad both allow us to do so many things. If you find something funny on the internet, if you just read a hilarious status on Facebook or something else that you want to show to your friends, you can do it with ease just by capturing the screen. Taking a screenshot really is a handy thing in many situations, and it’s a simple thing to do. If you are using an iPhone or iPad for a few years, you know how to do this. But, if you used another phone, perhaps a Windows phone or one of many Android devices available on the market and if you are not sure how to capture the screen, keep on reading as we are going to show you how to take screenshots on iPhone and iPad.
You may also read: How To Create A Folder On iPhone
How to take screenshots on iPhone and iPad
To capture the screen on your iPhone or iPad, do the following:
- Make sure that whatever you want to capture is currently displaying on the screen of your iPhone
- Press and hold the sleep/wake button and then press the Home button (just press it, don’t hold it)
- The screenshot will be taken
- You can find the screenshot you just captured in the Photos app.
As you can see, it’s such a simple thing to do, and as we mentioned, knowing how to do this can come as handy.
How to take screenshots on iPhone and iPad if a Power button or the Home button on your device isn’t working?
We showed you the basic method on how to take screenshots on iPhone and iPad and we can all agree it is super simple. But, in order to take a screenshot in that manner, the Power button and the Home button on your iPhone or iPad must work. If these buttons are broken, you won’t be able to capture the screen following the steps we have shown you.
Don’t worry, even if these buttons don’t work, you can still take screenshots. We are going to show you how.
iOS comes with AssistiveTouch which is very useful when the Home button is not working. It allows you to easily control your device. You will have to enable this feature first:
- Navigate to Settings > General
- Tap Accessibility
- Enable AssistiveTouch by toggling the switch
- As soon as you enable AssistiveTouch, AssistiveTouch menu (the square as you can see on the picture below) will appear
- You can drag the square to any edge of your iPhone’s or iPad’s screen.
To take screenshots:
- Make sure that whatever you want to capture is currently on the screen
- Tap on AssitiveTouch menu (the square) to open it
- Next, tap Device
- Tap More
- Tap “Screenshot”
- Once you tap screenshot, the menu will disappear, and the screenshot will be taken
- The screenshot is saved and you can find it in the Photos app.
Add frames to your screenshots
You can add frames to your screenshots. There is no built-in option on iPhone or iPad that will allow you to do this, but there is a really cool app that you can download and install. It is Screenshot – Frame Maker app which is available in the App Store. The app is free. It will automatically frame the screenshots and it is a perfect productivity tool.
We have shared the basic steps for taking screenshots on iPhone or iPad and the steps you can follow if the Home or Power button on your iOS device is not working. Now that you are all set, you can take as many screenshots as you want!
You may also read: How To Change The language On iPhone