Android and iPhone both have captured the market of the mobile world by their attractive features and facilities. But recently, many users have complained about android not receiving group texts from iPhone problems. Users who recently switched to android from iPhone are facing this problem. So they are facing problem to reach the friends or others via messages who are using iPhone.
Reason for android not receiving group texts from iPhone problem
In the case of iPhone messages, iMessage works routing iPhone to iPhone messages through Apple’s servers rather than sending them as actual text messages. So though you have left the iPhone and switched to Android, iMessage keeps on doing this until you tell it that you already left the iPhone as it has no way to know about it, at least for a couple of weeks. And it becomes frustrating for the users who recently switched to Android from iPhone. Luckily, there is an easy way to deactivate this to solve the android not receiving group texts from iPhone problems.
Solution for android not receiving group texts from iPhone problem
You are required to turn off iMessage in your number in order to resolve the issue. If you still have the old iPhone with you or else can manage any iPhone from anyone, follow the below steps properly.
- Take out the SIM card from the new Android device and re-insert it in the iPhone
- Next, on the iPhone, go to Settings
- Scroll down and tap on Messages
- You will get to see iMessage at the top, turn this option off
- Take out the SIM card and insert it into the android device
- Now go to Message’s icon on your new Android phone and send messages to some of your friends who are using iPhone and see if you receive messages from them
This method is helpful for those who have already sold out the old iPhone. You can still disable the iMessage by going to this link. Follow the steps for that:
- Go to the above link
- Enter your phone number in the available form
- Click on send code
- You will receive a confirmation code on the phone
- Enter it in the required place in the form again and then click on submit
- That’s it and iMessage will be deactivated within 24 hours
These are all that you have to do to deactivate the iMessage. Once you are done with the above steps, iMessage should deactivate from Apple’s server, and you will not face any issues.