Snapchat is a global social media app, it is used to exchange texts and pictures that last for a brief moment. It is a place where you can also post stories and content in chronological order, but they are only visible for 24 hours. It is a famous messaging application where users can send snaps (pictures and recordings) to each other back and forth. Snaps are meant to disappear after they have been seen by the person that you are texting with. It is promoted as a “new type of camera” because the main function is to snap a photo or video, and include a variety of filters, emojis, focal points to your pictures.
Why does Snapchat not load the snaps and the chat?
Application’s crashes in cell phones are most of the time connected to a low RAM or some other different sorts of memory issues. Different factors can be the reason for the app crashing: flawed updates, or terrible programming… All of these examples can result in an application being corrupted. Therefore, getting unstable and not working the way it is supposed to.
But if you use this app more often, and you’re so active on it, you will find this crash thing kind of annoying. These are the two most common Snapchat problems:
- The platform failed to deliver the messages that you have sent
- You cannot refresh your messages.
How to fix it?
Some Snapchatters say that when they receive a snap from someone, they can easily open it; however, when they try to snap back, they get a notification that they “Could not send a snap. Please try again” or “Failed to send. Tap to try again”. However, when they try again, the error text comes up again, and they still cannot send the snap or the text. When it happens, here are some solutions you could try to fix this problem on your phone:
- Try to turn airplane mode on. Wait for a little bit, and then turn it off. You were probably just using an unstable network connection; it does not matter if it was your Wi-Fi or your cellular data.
- And if you still remember your account’s password, log out from the app, and then log back in after a while.
- One of the easiest tricks that you can try is to: close the app and reopen it. Yes. As simple as that. Tap on your home button twice, and swipe up on the app to close it. Then reopen it and see if the crash has been stopped.
- Clear Snapchat’s cash memory. It can be good for your phone’s memory as well. Go tap on the ghost icon to open Snapchat. Then find the Settings, and select the “clear cache” option. Then tap on “clear all” button.
- If you have an Android and the storage is your problem. Try this possible solution: change the storage location.
Switching to external memory, for example, and switching back to the internal one may fix the glitch.
- This one might seem a little extreme, but, uninstall Snapchat and reinstall it again after a certain amount of time. But make sure your memories are backed up!
- Upgrade the app. Sometimes, all you need to do is to get the latest version of the app in the App Store, or in the Google Play Store on Android.
Finally, if none of the methods above helped you fix your problem then there is a possibility that Snapchat is down, and you have to wait until they fix it. And you’ll be right back snapping with your friends again!
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.