This year, Apple has introduced three new phones. Among the most awaited phones is the iPhone 8 which comes with iOS 11 out of the box. The company has made some cool alterations and additions to the handset which sets it apart from the other handsets available in the market. If you have already ordered an iPhone 8 online or have just bought one from the retail store then here is how to setup iPhone 8. The procedure is easy and hassle-free.
Read also- How To Fix iPhone 8 3D Touch Issues
Steps Set Up iPhone 8
- An iPhone 8 out of the box will have to be booted. Once you boot the phone you will be prompted to pick your choice of region and language.
- Next, you will get a prompt offering to skip the regular questions. This is where we usually set up Wi-Fi network, validate, set up a passcode and finally log in and set up iCloud services. On offering to skip these setup screens you will get Quick Start instead.
- When you click this option you need to place your old iPhone beside the new iPhone 8 and you will get a pop-up where you are given an option to configure it. Once you select that option the new iPhone 8 will display a circular smoky figure. This circular object will work as a target which will be captured by the camera of the old iPhone – it is something like a barcode.
- Once the scanning is done your iPhone will prompt you for the passcode from the old device. When the passcode is typed the setup procedure of iPhone 8 will be completed automatically.
- Once your iPhone 8 is all set, you can select between restore from iCloud backup or restore from iTunes back up or fresh install.
- Someone using an Android phone can migrate their data and settings from their handset. Restoring data from backup will copy all saved passwords, personal data, settings and also downloads all purchased apps.
These are the steps you can use to set up iPhone 8.
Read also- Common iPhone 8 Problems and Their Fixes