The Samsung Galaxy S9 and Samsung Galaxy S9+ phones were announced at the World Mobile Congress in Barcelona. The phones are an upgrade from their predecessor versions and have so far, received positive feedback.
Both the phones are packed with tons of features and are expected to be the flagship phones of the year 2018. This article has all the special features of the Samsung Galaxy S9.
The Galaxy S8 series was lauded for introducing an edge to edge technology, and Samsung has made no such notable changes design-wise.
Here are some exciting Samsung Galaxy S9 tips and tricks to get the most out of your new phone.
See also: Top Best Features Of Samsung Galaxy S9
Samsung Galaxy S9 Tips And Tricks
- The brand-new Galaxy S9 allows a user to reply to texts without exiting the current screen. Pretty neat! Isn’t it?
- Almost all the phones in the market display a small portion of the text message received by the user. This is more of a notification. The Samsung Galaxy S9 does the same. However, it gives a user the ability to expand the message in the same window as well.
- The side of the phone also lights up when you receive a message. It gives a very cool outlook to the phone.
- The brand-new Galaxy S9 also allows you to view your home screen in the landscape mode. All you have to do is tilt your phone in the landscape mode and the screen automatically follows suit.
- This feature has gone very unnoticed when the new phone was announced. We earlier mentioned that the phone has the ability to generate virtual avatars of the user using R EMOJI. The most exciting selfie feature on the Samsung Galaxy S9 blurs the background so that more focus is put on the person’s face. This makes the user’s face stand out. The user also has the ability to adjust skin tone and color as well.
- In order to save your phone’s battery, you can reduce the brightness of any conventional phone. The Galaxy S9 takes it one step further. The maximum screen resolution on the Samsung Galaxy S9 is 2,960×1,440 pixels (also known as WQHD+). You have the liberty to adjust the resolution of your phone screen, to conserve battery life. The screen resolution can be brought down to 1,480×720 pixels, which still falls under the HD category.
- If you feel the touch of your Galaxy S9 is a bit too hard, you have the liberty to adjust the touch sensitivity of the phone. This can be done in the settings tab of the Galaxy S9.
- The user also has the ability to blur backgrounds of the Food Photos by using a tool called Radial Blur. You can also adjust color tone in order to make the images appear warmer or cooler.
- Another notable feature of the Samsung Galaxy S9 is Samsung Pass. It allows the user to remember and autofill certain fields such as name, email, phone number, etc. This is very similar to iPhone’s Autofill feature.
In case you missed the announcement of the phone last week, here are some of the cool features brand-new Samsung Galaxy S9 holds.
As mentioned earlier, the new Galaxy S9 series have not had any design upgrades from their predecessors. Your brand-new Samsung Galaxy S9 will carry the same edge to edge technology withWQHD+ super AMOLED Infinity displays. The rear panel has had some changes made, however. A finger sensor has been placed below the rare camera. This is done to increase the convenience to the user.
The camera on a brand-new Galaxy S9 has a massive upgrade. Depending on the lighting conditions, you can switch between a wide f/1.5 aperture to f/2.4. These features form a part of the variable aperture capabilities of the camera. Another super cool thing you can do with your S9 camera is shooting slow-motion videos at 960 fps at up to 720p resolution for a total time period of about 0.182 seconds.
You can also turn your slow-motion video into a GIF which can be then shared to any of the social media platforms. Samsung also announced that the motion detect feature on the camera detects any slow-motion movement in a frame and then automatically slows it down.
The new Samsung Galaxy S9 comes with a new Intelligent Scan Technology. It consists of a biometric feature that makes use of your face and iris to unlock the phone. This can also be done in challenging lighting conditions like in complete darkness or even under severe sunlight. This could prove to be a game changer in the smartphone market today.
One of the most exciting features of the brand-new Samsung Galaxy S9 is the AR EMJOI. This poses a direct challenge to iPhone X’s Animoji feature. It maps out a user’s face, the AR EMOJI feature creates a three-dimensional augmented reality version of the user. This 3D version of the user can then be shared as emoji stickers or small videos. The Apple counterpart has a small limitation. It can only be used on the front Camera, whereas the Samsung Galaxy S9 allows both front and rear camera capability.
The new Bixby Vision has also been updated in order to accommodate Live Translation. With the help of this feature, you can point at a particular text and with the help pf Bixby Vision, your phone will translate it in real time. The feature consists of various languages like English, European languages, Spanish, and a few Indian languages such as Hindi, Bengali, and Tamil. The vision will also be able to give you a calorie count of any snack you consume.
The brand-new Samsung Galaxy S9 comes loaded with a brilliant set of speakers. Though they don’t look any different from the predecessors, they come with Dolby Atmos Surround sound capabilities. It offers speakers offer an immersive sounds experience and the best part is that these speakers are 40 percent louder than speakers on other phones.
The Phone Has A Headphone Jack
The customers have complained that they end up losing their wireless headphones more frequently than before.
The new Galaxy S9 has retained its headphone jack unlike other major competitors in the market such as iPhone X, 8, and 8 Plus, Pixel 2 XL, and the Huawei Mate 10 Pro. This is an absolute blessing for people who found it difficult to adapt to phones without headphone jacks.
DeX Pad Support
This feature has been present in the S8 as well. It offers the user a desktop experience on the Samsung Galaxy S9. The only difference is that it is highly upgraded on the new Galaxy S9. The new DeX Pad accessory forms the heart of the new user experience the phone offers. All you have to do is keep your phone flat and use the phone as a touchpad and also as a virtual keyboard while accessing the phone in desktop mode.
It is a beautiful phone with some very cool features. You won’t regret buying it!
Read also- List Of Best Budget Smartphones Of 2018