Every day, we hear that new technology innovations are coming. In terms of smartphone world for example, new vendors are competing to introduce the latest camera lens, better processor, features improvement, and many more. Almost all kind of applications are available on our mobile device, from cooking app, fitness, travel related apps, etc. Will robots replace humans, and what about the jobs?
Some studies said: robots will replace human jobs
Through scienceworldreport.com, the World Economic Forum (WEF) estimated that robots will replace 5.1 million human jobs by 2020. They declared,
“We are in the midst of a ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’ and will see robotics applied across a wide swath of industry, beyond manufacturing and automation.”
A study of British think tank concluded that robot will replace human jobs in many fields in government. The similar study result was also found by Oxford University. It said that robot will replace humans in over than 850,000 public sectors.
If you visit shopping malls in Silicon Valley, California, you will see the robot security guard that are used to detect suspicious behaviour and even listening for potential criminal activity.
Why should you worry about loosing your job?
According to study, robot is found more efficient for certain task such as, data collection, paperwork, and routine tasks. Using robots can cut costs in production, and they are more accurate, consistent, and faster than humans.
Two years ago, a McDonald restaurant in Arizona started using robots to run the store. The store manager said, these new robots working in harmony at a speed 50 times faster than the average McDonald’s employee, with no chance of error.
“These things are great! They get their work done in a fast and orderly manner, plus they don’t ask for cigarette breaks.”
Moreover, robot can replace humans in dangerous places with higher risk. They can go to certain places where are almost impossible for humans to go and get important information from it.
Many human jobs that require low skill are already taken by robots. For example, many houses might prefer to get a robot house cleaner. In some professions, including the medical field, robots are found very useful and precise.
Top 5 jobs where robots are already replacing humans
Whether you have noticed or not, robots are already replacing humans in some fields, and here are several examples.
- Security guard. There are more than 20 robots working in shopping malls and offices in Silicon Valley, California. They can detect suspicious sounds, like a glass breaking, people screaming, and any other suspicious behaviours.
- Factory worker. Last year, Foxconn has replaced 90,000 workers with robots to work in their factory. Foxconn is one of the biggest supplier for Apple and Samsung. In 10 or 20 years ahead, more manufacturers may do the same thing.
- Phone operator. You might have experienced talking to a machine when you contact a company. Many companies are using this technology as a way to communicate with customers more efficiently.
- Bank teller. Automatic Teller Machine (ATM) has been taking human job for ages, followed by mobile and Internet banking. You don’t have to go to bank office to withdraw your money, transfer, etc. It saves your time.
- Restaurant staff. In 2015 Mc Donald store in Phoenix used robots as restaurant staff. While, a restaurant in Harbin, China employed 20 robots as waitress to serve their customers.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.