Great news for Pokémon GO fans – the app is now available on the Apple Watch! Niantic announced this version of Pokémon GO in September, and it is finally available to Apple Watch users. You can explore the world around you, search for wild Pokémon, and hatch the eggs right from your wrist.
What you need to keep in mind is that the Pokémon GO for Apple Watch is not the full game you can play using your iPhone. However, now the app is available for the watch, you can do a few things, including searching for wild Pokémon. You can use quick taps to collect items on PokéStops and find the nearby Pokémon. When you to stumble upon a Pokémon, you can catch it using your iPhone.
In addition, you can log your play sessions as a Workout toward your Activity rings.
Niantic further explains what you can do with Pokémon GO app for the Apple Watch:
- Log each play session as a workout, with gameplay counting toward personal Activity rings
- Receive notifications about nearby Pokémon
- Count distance toward hatching Pokémon Eggs and receiving Candy with your Buddy Pokémon
- Receive notifications about PokéStops nearby and collect items from them
- Receive notifications when Eggs hatch and medals are awarded
While many people stopped playing it, the game is still very popular. Niantic keeps releasing updates to attract new players and lure the old ones back to the game. There were special Halloween and Thanksgiving in-game events. Also, Pokémon GO became available in India and South Asia. At the top of it all, we have the Apple Watch version now.
Same as Pokémon GO for iPhone and Android, this app version is also free. Apple Watch version of Pokémon GO came just in time for the holidays, so if you do own a watch, make sure to try the app out.