LG V30 is a great phone that comes equipped with many excellent features. But, there is a situation when you will come across some issues. So, it is always good to know the process to reset the phone and get rid of bugs and glitches. And here in this article, we are going to show you how to perform soft reset and hard reset on LG V30.
See Also: How to fix LG V30 auto-brightness issue
How To Perform Soft Reset And Hard Reset On LG V30:
We have discussed both the process one by one.
The process to perform a soft reset on LG V30:
LG V30 has a non-removable battery. So, the soft reset is performed using the keys. The process is very simple and takes hardly any time. The steps to perform a soft reset on LG V30 are explained here.
- First press and hold down the power button. The power button is positioned at the back of LG V30.
- It will bring few options. Choose and tap ‘shut off and restart’.
- Next again tap on ‘RESTART’.
- The restart process will start and it will take few seconds to complete. Once the phone restarts successfully, see if the issues for which you have performed soft reset is solved or not.
The process to perform a hard reset on LG V30:
There are several situations when you are forced to perform a hard reset on your new LG V30 device. For example, if you have lost the password, the device is not restarting; the device became too slow, etc. But remember that a hard reset will erase all your personal data, applications, images, download etc. So, ensure to get a back up of the device before you go ahead.
There are two processes to perform a hard reset on your LG V30 and both of them are discussed here.
- Go to settings and tap on General
- Select the option Back up & Reset
- Now choose ‘Factory data reset’
- Tap on ‘Reset Phone’ and finally choose the option ‘Delete all’
- The process will take few minutes depending on how much data you have on the device. Once done, you will have to set it up from scratch.
In case the phone becomes totally unresponsive and you can’t access the settings menu, this method is the best. The steps to perform a hard reset on LG V30 are explained below.
- First turn off the device completely by pressing down the Power button for few seconds
- Once turned off, press and hold the Power and Volume down button altogether
- After few seconds you will notice the LG logo on the screen. Let go the Power key then but continue holding the Volume Down. Wait for just 2 seconds and again hold down the Power key
- You will notice the Recover screen
- Release all keys
- Use the Volume button to select the option you want and the power button for confirmation
- Two options will be there on the screen, Yes and NO, select the option ‘Yes’ and confirm it using Power key
- Next, you will see a message on the screen that says ‘Erase all the data and restore default settings’. Select and confirm that option using Volume down and the power button. The device will restart.
So, this is how to perform soft reset and hard reset on LG V30. You can perform soft reset anytime, but when it comes to hard reset, make sure:
- The phone is charged fully.
- Take out the SIM card and SD card
- Take a back up of the phone.
See Also: How to fix LG V30 overheating issues
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.