Having an iPhone XR that won’t turn on can be extremely frustrating, but before you go to the Apple Store, there are certain things you may try that may fix the issue and we are going to list them here. Let’s see what to do when your iPhone XR won’t turn on.
See also: How to show iPhone 11 battery percentage
iPhone XR won’t turn on – Ways to fix it
There are a couple of things for you to try:
To force restart your iPhone, press and release the Volume Up button quickly, then press and release the Volume Down key quickly. Finally, press and hold the Side key until the Apple Logo appears on the screen.
Charge the phone
Is the battery empty? Let your phone charge for a while then try turning it back on. You may try a Force restart once again while the phone is charging.
Try another charger and another outlet
If you let the phone charge for a while but nothing happened, make sure to try another charge, another cable, and also another outlet.
Restore the iPhone XR using iTunes
The next step would be restoring iPhone XR using iTunes. Here is how to do that:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable
- Press and release the Volume Up button quickly
- Press and release the Volume Down key quickly
- Now press and hold the Side key
- Keep holding the Side button when the Apple logo appears
- Hold the button until you see Connect to iTunes logo
- A message should appear in iTunes that is saying your device is connected
- You will get two options, to restore or to update
- Select the option to Restore.
If your iPhone isn’t responding, contact Apple or visit one of their stores.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.