Millions of people use Instagram on both major platforms, Android and iOS. The app works just fine most of the time, but some issues may pop up every once in a while. One of the problems users can face is when Instagram keeps crashing. As soon as you open the app, it will shut down. Here, we are going to share some tips on how to fix it.
See also: How to add music to Instagram Story
Instagram keeps crashing ways to fix it
Dealing with the misbehaving app can be very annoying, but some workarounds can put things in motion.
- Force close the app and relaunch it. To force close the app on Android, head to Settings > Apps > Instagram and tap Force stop. On iPhone 8 or earlier, tap on the Home button twice, find Instagram by swiping left or right, and swipe up to close it. On iPhone X or later, swipe from the bottom of the screen, stop in the middle, find Instagram by swiping left or right, and then swipe up to close it.
- Restart your Android or iOS device – this will fresh the phone’s memory, but not just that. It will close the apps and processes that are running in the background. The device will perform better, and hopefully, the app will do the same.
- If you are using Android, you can clear the cache for the app. Go to Settings > Apps > Instagram > Storage > Clear cache.
- Update the app – Check if there is an app update available by going to Play Store or App Store. If there is a new version, download and install it.
- Remove the app and install it again. If nothing seems to be working, delete the app and then install it all over again. To remove the app on Android, find the icon on the screen, tap and hold it and move it to trashcan or tap Uninstall. Head over to Play Store and get it. On iPhone, find the app icon, tap and hold it until it jiggles, tap on the X, and delete it.