iFixit posted a video and image of Apple Pencil teardown. Apple Pencil is an accessory for iPad Pro, which is sold separately for $99. Apple claims that this Pencil has a better capability compared to the other stylus. It is addressed especially for designers and artists who need the accuracy and latency in working their masterpiece. iFixit found some interesting things:
- Apple was nice enough to include a spare tip, as well as a Lightning-to-Lightning adapter (a last minute addition) to save users from having to precariously charge their Pencils directly from their iPads.
- The Lightning Connector cap snaps into place with magnets
- Taking a nosedive into the Pencil, reveals a tiny metal bit sunk deeply into the tip, presumably to get as close to the screen as possible.
- To open the male lighting connector can cause a flex cable disconnected
- Cutting through the Apple Pencil’s plastic casing reveals metal casing
- This tiny 3.82 V, 0.329 Wh lithium-ion battery holds just 5% of the charge of an iPhone 6s battery.
- A logic board has a 1.0 gram of weight
- Apple Pencil Repairability 1 out of 10 (10 is easiest to repair): The pencil is clearly not meant to be opened or repaired; you can’t get inside without destroying the device.
So, if you see your Apple Pencil is broken, you can count on Apple Authorized Service Provider. There is no information on the price tag exchange service for Apple Pencil.
Source: Read More
The other news: news
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.