Honor 20 is a phone that offers outstanding performance thanks to its powerful specs. In addition, it has great features and it is beautifully designed. Like every other smartphone, this one may slow down a bit and become sluggish after a while, especially if you have installed a lot of third-party apps. Here, we are going to show you how to wipe cache partition on Honor 20 so the phone can perform faster and better.
See also: How to change default apps on Honor 20
As we use our smartphones daily and open many apps we have installed, logs and temporary files will pile up. Over time, these files can slow the phone down so it can become sluggish. You may notice some other issues, such as freezing and crashing of the apps. The best way to get rid of it all and make your phone fast again is by wiping the cache partition.
How to wipe cache partition on Honor 20
Follow the steps below to wipe the cache partition on your Honor 20:
- Press and hold the Power button on your phone and tap Power off
- When your phone is off, press and hold the Power button and the Volume Up button at the same time
- Wait for a couple of seconds
- When you see Honor logo on the screen, release the Volume Up button but keep holding the Power button
- You will enter the recovery mode
- Once you are there, use the Volume buttons to highlight Clear data
- Select it with the Power button
- Again, use Volume buttons to highlight Wipe Cache Partition
- Select it using the Power button
- You will see “Formatting cache” message
- When done, highlight Back using the Volume buttons and select it using the Power button
- Highlight Restart with the Volume buttons and press the Power button to confirm.
Your device will reboot and will go back into normal mode.