In this article, we are going to be showing you a way to add people to your white and blacklist on your TeamViewer app. So, without further ado, here are the steps to doing so.
Steps to setting up a whitelist on TeamViewer
Whitelists are lists of people who are allowed to connect to your computer or any other device via TeamViewer, And we are going to be showing you a way to find and set up a whitelist on your TeamViewer software application.
To access your whitelist (and blacklist) settings, you first must open up the TeamViewer application on your computer.
- When the app has loaded on your screen you should be able to see some tabs with different options and sections at the top of the window. Find the Extras option there and click on it.
- In the Extras tab, find the Options section and click on it.
- And now, when that new screen loads, find and click on the Security section in order to expand the Security settings of the app.
- You should be able to see the Black and Whitelist settings now. To access them, click on the Configure button.
And here is how to activate the whitelist and add people to it:
- When the new Black and Whitelist window shows up on your screen, the first thing that you should be able to see there are two options. You will need to select the second option, the Allow access only for the following partners option. This is going to allow you to enter emails, contacts, or IDs of the people who are able to access your device.
- After you have finished with selecting that second option, click on the Add button that is going to be located right next to it.
- You will be able to see a new pop-up window on your screen. In that window, you are able to add new contacts, partners, or emails of people who are able to access and connect to your device. You are able to go through your contact or add those people manually. When you are done, click on the Add button at the end of that window.
- Now, you should be able to see only the first window that has opened earlier, click on the Save button to save your changes. And now you are all done!
Steps to setting up a blacklist on TeamViewer
To access the Blacklist settings in the TeamViewer software application, simply follow the first four steps from the previous paragraph. And then, after doing them, continue and do these steps below to set up a blacklist.
- After you have accessed the settings for your blacklist, a new window should show up on your screen.
- The first option that you are going to see on that screen is the Deny access for the following partners, make sure to select that option this time, and not the second one (we have used the second one in the first paragraph of this article).
- And after you have selected that first option, click on the Add button that is going to be located right next to that option.
- You are going to be taken to the new window where you need to choose partners (contacts) which you want to put on your blacklist. Of course, if you know those users’ IDs, you are able to add them manually by entering their IDs, or their emails.
- When you are finished with adding people to your blacklist, finally, click on the Add button again. And when you are redirected to that previous window again, save the changes by clicking on the Save button at the end of that window and you are going to be all done!