Tubi is an online streaming platform purchased for a whopping $440 million and is now a subsidiary of Fox Corporation. It is supported on several devices, but it is mainly used on web browsers, Androids, and iOS. You can check the complete list of supported devices on their website.
Also, Tubi is ad-supported. The ads are a must-watch (cannot be skipped), and they usually pop up any time, either before or during your show. They last for between 15 and 30 seconds.
See also: How to watch TV online for free
Is Tubi Free?
Tubi is limitedly free. What does limitedly mean? Tubi’s library has over 20,000 movies and successful studios such as Warner Brothers (Bros.) and Lionsgate have made contributions to that library. If you are not in the US, the entire library will not be accessible to you. You will only watch a good number, but you can be sure that the movies will not be the 99-per cent rated kind on Rotten Tomatoes or the 9.3stars rated on IMDb.
Nevertheless, you will have something to enjoy – and that’s something.
Now that you know a little about it, you will be guided on watching it on Tubi TV. Since there are many devices, this article will pay special attention to only a few: web browsers (Windows or macOS) and phones (Android and iOS).
On your web browser (Windows or macOS)
- Click on Tubi’s. You can choose to register if you don’t have an account, sign in if you have one, or do none of that. You are given the option of registering with your Facebook account.
- Once this is done, log in to the website.
- The home page will appear, and movie titles will fade in and out in the page’s background.
- When a title you fancy fades in, click on ‘Watch Now – Free.’ You will be redirected to a page where the movie will start playing automatically.
On your phone (Android and iOS)
If you are told that the app is not available in your country, you can search the Internet for the .apk file, download it and install it without going through the stores.
- Open the app when it downloads.
- The app will open to a screen that prompts you to sign up or sign in. You can choose either or tap on the ‘Skip’ button. The app will open to the ‘Home’ page. You can navigate through the ‘Most Popular’ section and pick a movie.
- To search for a movie you like, tap on the ‘Discover’ tab (a magnifying glass icon). There are four tabs displayed – ‘For Yo,’ ‘Collectio,’ ‘Genre,’ and ‘Channel.’.
If you search on Tubi’s search bar and find zero results, these would be the reasons:
- The movie, series, documentary, or show may not be in Tubi’s library.
- You may be using Tubi outside the US, Canada, or Australia and so whatever you are looking for becomes excluded from the results. As was mentioned, Tubi is limited.
If you’re NOT looking for blockbusters – the Brad Pitt, Scarlett Johansson, and Leonardo DiCaprio type, Tubi is definitely for you. You will indeed find a movie, a series, or a show that you can develop a great liking for.
If you know Lupita Nyong’o (12 Years a Slave, Black Panther, and Us), you can check her out in her starting days, in the series Shuga. Tubi has all its three seasons there.