Sling TV is the way to go if you want to watch American movies, TV shows, live TV, you name it. Channels such as ESPN, ABC, Freeform, and MTV are all available on Sling TV. However, the issue is that it does not work outside of the USA. But there is an easy solution to this problem. All you need to do is install a VPN or Smart DNS so that Sling TV’s geo-locator cannot track down your IP address. The methods below will show you how to do this and which VPNs to trust.
See also: How to get Sling free trial
How does the VPN or Smart DNS Work?
If you’re outside of the US, you can’t even access the site of Sling TV in certain countries. You will receive an error message saying something like “Error 10009…Access denied”. But there’s a way to cheat the system. A VPN—virtual private network—is exactly what it sounds like. It will allow you to create your own private network which would make it hard for Sling TV to figure out which part of the world you’re accessing it from. This will happen because the VPN or DNS server will change the URLs that give away your location.
Now you can enjoy numerous TV channels, movies, and TV shows from the comfort of your home and without any hassle.
Using a Virtual Private Network
This is the most commonly used and safe method of accessing sites that are geo-blocking certain parts of the world. We will explore some of the best VPNs to do this task. To download a VPN, follow these steps:
- Depending on your device, go to the App Store, Google Play Store, or to a web browser to search for your selected VPN. Don’t worry, most VPNs are compatible with multiple devices and formats such as Android, iOS, or Windows. When you’ve found it, install it on your device.
- Once you have downloaded the VPN, launch it on the device.
- Finally, open Sling TV through this link. Follow the on-screen instructions depending on your VPN and connect it to the server. And that’s it!
If you’re looking for some good VPNs, here’s a list of the most popular and widely used. They are all compatible with multiple devices and are completely safe for you to use.
- Unlocator VPN
Using a Smart DNS proxy
Using a Smart DNS is a bit more complicated than downloading VPN, but the great thing about it is that you don’t need to install extra software to your device. This method can be an easier solution since a lot more devices adapt to DNS better than they do to VPNs. Some of these include Google Chromecast, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Tv, etc. So if you want a better option to support these devices, it’s better to use a Smart DNS instead of a VPN.
The steps below will show you how to install Overplay, a Smart DNS provider. It is compatible with Mac iOS, Apple TV, Linux, etc.
- First of all, install Overplay by going to this website. Click “Sign Up Now” and choose your monthly plan. It’s worth noting that paid Smart DNS providers are ultimately the better option since they’re more reliable and can help you if you encounter any problems. There are free DNS providers, but if you run into an issue, you’re on your own.
- Enter your card details and follow the on-screen instructions to start using it.