Of the many over-the-top (OTT) streaming services, many lovers of the beautiful game of football choose to use Eleven Sports. The following is not arguable: football is the most loved and decorated sport of all time. Eleven Sports also broadcasts other sports.
Competitors of Eleven Sports include BT sport and Amazon with whom they go on loggerheads trying to secure broadcasting rights from nations that play the game.
Because of stiff competition, Eleven Sports have the rights to broadcast some football while the others have the rights to broadcast the same or other sports.
This article is going to guide you on how to watch Eleven Sports.
See also: Top 10 Sports Apps For Android And IOS
Eleven Sports, what?
Founded and owned by Andrea Radrizzani (Italian, chairs the Leeds United board and owns Aser Ventures), Eleven sports offers paid football streaming services.
You can stream the Spanish La Liga Santander, the Italian Serie A, the Dutch Eredivisie, the Chinese Super League, the US’s MLS, and the Swedish Allsvenskan.
Eleven Sports, however, has restricted viewership and is only available in 11 select countries and 9 regions which its calls territories. These territories are Belgium/Luxembourg, Italy, Japan, Myanmar, Poland, Portugal, Taiwan, UK & Ireland, USA.
If you are in these territories, you can watch sports content on Eleven Sports via the web, on Androids through their Google Play Store app or iOSes via their Apple Store app. Also, there are other platforms: Android TV (Google Play Store), Amazon Fire TV Stick (Amazon Store), and casting through Google Chromecast.
To start using Eleven Sports, you first need to subscribe through their website. You will be shown a ‘404 Not Found’ page if you try to visit the website from a region that is not within the territories.
The procedure of subscription and registration is the same across all platforms where Eleven Sports exists.
- If you are in the UK and subscribe to Eleven Sports, you can watch it outside the UK but within the EU region.
- It enables users to pause and rewind content.
- You can stream matches and also watch highlights.
- They only concentrate on football and do not try to sell you anything else.
- Eleven Sports does not have the rights to broadcast the Premier League (bummer, right?)
- You cannot watch content on Eleven Sports from multiple devices at any one moment as you can do with DSTV.
- It is not available for many countries in the southern hemisphere, where many football fans live. This unavailability causes football fans to opt for illegal ways of streaming football live and eventually, the platform loses millions.
- If you’re using the Eleven Sports web and decide to connect your PC or laptop with your TV through HDMI, the transmission quality goes down.
With between £4.99 and £5.38 per month (UK and Ireland), you are given the power to watch different leagues across Europe and China. On average, the monthly subscription cost is £6. You can get it annually at around £59 (which is around £13 short if you were to pay £6 per month). Early-birds can get the yearly package at around £50.
Bringing this to a close
Although football has been brought to its knees due to the coronavirus pandemic, Eleven Sports is an option you can consider especially if you live in the EU region.
Although it does not have the rights to broadcast the Premier League, Eleven Sports still offers good football. You would surely love to follow Cristiano Ronaldo on Serie A and Lionel Messi on La Liga Santander, wouldn’t you?