Kik is not as popular as it once used to be back in the 2010s when it first came out, but it is still relevant to many users today. It’s a free messenger app that allows you to chat with friends, do video calls, create group chats, and share photos and videos. It’s very compatible with a lot of other messengers since it has several features that are only unique to Kik. The steps below will show you how you can download the app on the comfort of your PC.
See also: How to delete Kik account permanently
What can I get out of Kik?
This list is a snapshot of what exactly makes Kik so special.
- Internet access within the app: This is one of the best features Kik has. Gone are the days where you open new tabs or windows to search or lookup something; now you can do it via the app! You can access anything from Google to YouTube and even send the videos or pictures you find to your friends.
- Finding old messages: Aside from deleting search histories and past conversations, you can retrieve them too! On the PC, you can retrieve old messages that you can’t access on another device.
- Customization: Kik is one of the first apps to develop their own customization features. You can set ringtones for certain chats as well as customize the look of your chat from the themes integrated into the app.
- Chatting with Kik: Bored? You can chat with the Kik Bot. It’s almost like a Siri but for chatting. You can even play games and chat about all the latest events.
Downloading Kik on PC
Since you can’t download the app via a web browser, you have to download an Android emulator instead. This will transform your PC into an Android, from where you can enjoy hundreds of games and apps. The most common emulator is BlueStacks, but you can also choose from Andyroid, NoxPlayer, etc. The following method is applicable to BlueStacks.
- Go to the BlueStacks website and click the green “Download BlueStacks” button at the top right corner.
- Wait for it to download, then confirm the installation.
- Go to Google Play and search for “Kik” in the search field. Click “Get”. Once it is done, the app will open automatically in BlueStacks. You will notice that the format of the software is very similar to your Android.
- Click “Log In” with your Kik username and password. If you don’t have an account, click “Register”. Note that you will not be able to make an account of you’re under thirteen years old. Once you’re registered, the app will probably send you a confirmation email that you will have to check before you can start using Kik. If you can’t find the email, make sure to check your Spam folder or wait for a few minutes for it to arrive.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to get started up with Kik!
Even though Kik has an amalgamation of cool and unique features (especially on PC), it is just as easy to navigate and use. It’s a lot of fun and requires minimal support to use. Plus, it’s friendly for kids and adults alike!
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.