Facebook is a great platform to connect with friends, family, and colleagues. People have even used it as a way to find dates by secretly messaging them or stalking their profiles. But lucky for you, Facebook Dating is here! And you can do it all directly from the app instead of having to download another one. The following are some important features of Facebook dating and how you can use it for yourself.
See also: How to unsubscribe from Facebook emails
How does it work?
The first and foremost thing to note is that you need to be at least 18 years of age or older to be using the feature. People on Dating will be suggested to you based on your activity and interests on Facebook. It doesn’t work like Tinder, where you swipe right or wait for the messages to come flying in your inbox. If you like someone on Facebook, all you need to do is tap on their profile picture and spark a conversation! If you’re not interested in any of your matches, simply pass them and move on. You can also filter the matches you get based on your Facebook groups and events. Some other features include:
- Connecting Instagram to Facebook Dating: You can share your Instagram posts in the feature to build an even better profile that will improve the matches you receive.
- It’s safe and confidential: No one else on Facebook will be able to see your Dating activity (unless you match with them on Secret Crushes) and nothing you post on Dating will be shared on your actual profile. You can also block any of your matches from sending you videos, messages, pictures, etc. Additionally, you can share your location or the details of your date with anyone you trust this information with on Messenger. Only you will be in control of who you choose to share this with.
Using Facebook Dating
Once you’ve logged into your Facebook account, click the menu button on the right side of the screen (if you’re on a desktop, you will see this menu on the left) and click “Dating”. This will then take you to Facebook Dating. To set up your profile, click “Get Started” and follow the on-screen instructions. Add your social media details, write a little bit about yourself, and select the gender(s) you are interested in.
Once you’re up, Facebook will start matching you with people. These results will be based on your Facebook profile (not the dating one). To make the results more accurate, the best thing to do is to connect your Instagram, “like” the profiles of people you’re interested in, and just generally be active on Facebook Dating.
Using Secret Crushes
The Dating feature matches you with people outside of your circle of Facebook friends. But if you’ve secretly got a crush on a friend, you can let them know! (Don’t worry, they won’t know it’s you). Here’s how to get started:
- This method will only work if your friend has a Dating profile too. Simply go to the Dating menu > “Go To Secret Crush”.
- Next, click “Got It” and click the plus + icon.
- Add your crush by searching their name in the search bar then tap the plus + icon beside their name.
Your crush will be notified if you add them as a Secret Crush but they won’t see your name. However, if they also add you back on their crush list, you both will be matched and notified. So, no one has to know anything until it’s mutual!
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.