If you are new to Windows 10, don’t worry – you will get it all really fast. It’s because this OS is simple and easy to use, and you can find the options and features with ease thanks to the search button in the top-left corner. But, don’t forget to dive into Settings to see all the things you can adjust the way it suits you. If you want to use a timer, you don’t need to download a third-party app. Windows has its own called Alarms & Clock. You can use that app not only for the timer, but also for stopwatch and alarms. Here, we are going to show you how to use a timer in Windows 10.
How to use a timer in Windows 10
The steps to start a timer are pretty simple. Here is what you need to do:
- Open Alarms & Clock app. You can do that in two ways. Click on the start button and type Alarms & Clock and then click on the app, or click on the start button and find the app on the list. Go for whatever is more suitable for you.
- When the app opens up, click on Timer at the top of the app’s screen
- To adjust and edit the timer, click on it and choose hours, minutes and seconds
- You can change the name as well. Click on Countdown and type whatever you want instead
- When you are done, you can start the timer
- To do that, click on the Start button
- If you want to expand the time, click on the icon right next to the Start button. If you expand it, the timer will look like in the image below.
- You can add more timers by clicking on the + sign at the bottom of the page
- To delete the timer, click on 4 lines next to the + sign, check the timer and then click delete icon at the bottom of the page.
If you are planning to use the timer frequently, click on the pin icon at the bottom to pin the timer to the taskbar.