When you get a new phone, it will perform perfectly at the start. But, after a while, you may give your best to make sure that your device is performing at its best. One of the methods to achieve that is by downloading and installing the latest software version. This requires just a couple of minutes, but you really can get a lot in terms of performance, features, and security. Here, we are going to share a quick guide on how to update the software on Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G.
What software updates bring?
Many people know that software updates are important, but they are not sure why. Here is an explanation.
- Software updates are improving the security
- Most of the times, they will present bug fixes for the known issues on a specific mode
- In addition, software updates bring new features and sometimes changes in the design as well.
Steps to take before the update
There are a couple of things to do before you start.
- Connect to a stable Wi-Fi network. Avoid updating the software using mobile data.
- Make sure you have enough free space for the new version.
- Also, make sure that the battery is charged. You should have at least 50 % battery. If that’s not the case, charge your phone first.
How to update the software on Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G
Most of the time, when a new version is available, you’ll see a notification and then you can just follow the on-screen steps to download it. But, you can always check for the update manually. Here is how:
- Navigate to Settings > Software update
- If there is a new version, tap Download and Install
- Tap OK
- Tap Start
- You will see a message on the screen to restart your S20
- Tap OK.
Your device will reboot and it will be ready for you to use it.