Every smartphone owner should know the importance of software updates. If you want to get the most out of your Galaxy S10, you should get the latest update whenever it sees the light of the day. If you switched from iPhone, for example, you might be wondering how to update the software on Samsung Galaxy S10. Keep reading, we are going to show you how to do just that. Updating the software is a simple thing to do, and you’ll need just a few minutes.
Importance of software updates
If you want to make sure your device performs on its best, you should keep an eye on software updates. There is always something new and fresh. Here is what the updates bring:
- A new software update usually comes with security patches and improvements
- If there are some known issues for a specific smartphone model, the chances are the update will bring bug fixes for those issues
- Last, but not least, the updates bring new features and often, changes in design.
Things you’ll need:
- You will need enough free space on your device
- Make sure your phone is fully charged or that has at least 50 % of the battery
- Always connect to a Wi-Fi network instead of mobile data to avoid additional costs.
How to update the software on Samsung Galaxy S10
Here is how to update the software:
- Swipe down from the Notification bar and then tap Settings
- Scroll down and find Software update and tap on it
- Now tap Check for updates
If there is an update, just follow the on-screen guide and download it. Once the software update installs, your device will restart automatically. As soon as it boots up, you can start exploring the features the update introduced.