One of the things every smartphone owner should keep in mind is the importance of software updates. If you want your OnePlus 7 or OnePlus 7 Pro to perform on its best, you need to make sure that you have downloaded and installed the latest software version. Here, we are going to share a quick guide with all the steps you need to take. Let’s see how to update the software on OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro.
See also: How to fix OnePlus 7 Wi-Fi issues
Reasons to update
If you aren’t sure why you should update the software in the first place, here is a brief explanation.
- Software updates come with security improvements
- The updates also bring new features and very often they include changes in design
- If you are experiencing some issues when using your device, a software update may bring the fix for the issues. Software updates often come along with bug fixes.
Before the update:
Before you download and install the software update, make sure that you are connected to a stable Wi-Fi network instead of a mobile network. If you are using mobile data, you may experience some extra charges (unless you have an unlimited plan). Also, make sure that your phone has enough free space and enough battery life (at least 50 %).
How to update the software
Now that we have explained why are the updates considered to be so important and when we highlighted the things you need to do before you start, here is how to update the software:
- Open the Settings on your smartphone
- Tap System
- Next, tap System updates
- Tap Click for updates
- If there is an update available, click Download & Install Now.
Your device will first download the updates. It will reboot and install the software update. Once it is all done, you can start using your phone to explore all the refreshments the update brought along.