If you want your phone to perform at its best, it is very important to keep the software up to date. When the updates become available, they are automatically sent to your phone and you’ll get the notification. However, if you want you can manually check for updates and then install the latest version of Android software. Here, we are going to show you how to update the software on Moto G7.
Why are updates important?
There are several reasons why you should update your phone regularly.
- Updates bring security patches to keep your phone protected
- You can expect a set of fresh features you didn’t have before
- The updates usually bring bug fixes as well.
What to do before the update?
There are a couple of things you need to do before downloading and installing the latest version of Android software. Here is what:
- It is very important that you have enough power for the update, so make sure you have at least 50 % battery. If not, charge the phone first.
- You need a stable Wi-Fi connection. Always update the software using a Wi-Fi connection to save data charges.
- Also, make sure that you have enough storage space for the update.
How to update the software on Moto G7
Now, let’s see the steps to manually check for updates.
- Open the Settings app from the Home screen
- Find System option and type on it
- Tap Advanced
- Tap System updates.
If the update is available, you will see the on-screen instructions you need to follow. Your device will reboot and you’ll be able to use it normally.
Just one thing you should have in mind – when you download and install the latest available Android version, you won’t be able to downgrade later.