Honor 8X falls into the category of affordable phones, but still, it is a great device packed with some pretty awesome features. If you want to have all the new things Android 10 brought along, you can update the software on your device and once you do, you’ll get to enjoy some fresh features. If you are not sure how to update the software on Honor 8x, continue reading. We are going to show you the steps and you’ll be done in no time.
When it comes to software updates, we always mention why these are considered to be so important. First of all, you’ll get security patches, and that itself is a good reason to install the update. In addition, you’ll get some fresh features and perhaps changes in design (depends on the version). Also, software updates bring bug-fixes for the known issues. So, if you have some issues with your phone, then chances are they will be gone once you install the update.
Prepare for the update
There are several things to remember before installing the software update:
- First, make sure you have enough free space on your device
- Second, always update the software over Wi-Fi and not mobile data to avoid costs (if you don’t have the unlimited data plan)
- Also, make sure that your phone has at least 50 % of battery life. If not, charge your phone first.
How to update the software on Honor 8X
To update the software on your phone, steps are as follows:
- Open the Settings app from the Home screen.
- Scroll all the way down until you reach System & updates.
- Tap on that option.
- Now tap on Software update at the top of the page.
- Tap Check for Updates.
If you have the latest version already, you’ll see a message saying “Your software is up to date”.
If there is a new version, tap Download and Install.
Your device will download the update and will reboot.