Galaxy S3 is without a doubt one of the best smartphones today, even after the introduction of many Android phones in the market. However, owners of smart phones always wait for any new software update. We can say hardly say there is a smartphone that is completely bug free. Some errors and bugs are always there, and this is the reason the makers of the phone need to release software updates to fix those minor errors time to time. Most of the time, these updates are shown on your android phone in the right time, but if you do not want to wait for the updates to be shown on your phone and want to get it the moment the firmware is released, then you have to know how to update Galaxy S3 software manually. In this article we will talk about manual galaxy s3 update, so you can enjoy its new features along with getting rid of the errors as early as possible.
The Samsung galaxy update will not cause you any data loss, but our recommendation is to back up the important data in some other location. To backup your android contacts, click here.
Steps for Samsung galaxy s3 update
Make your Galaxy S3 ready for a software update, which means making sure that the phone is connected to the wifi. Drag down the notification bar and see if the Wifi is on. If not, then turn it on. You can also get the software update using mobile data if you are using a mobile data plan with your operator, otherwise it could be a bit expensive for you.
- Tap the Apps icon, it will take you to the apps screen.
- Find the settings icon there and press it. It will show you the settings menu.
- Next, you have to press the About Device option. To get this option, scroll down at the bottom of the screen.
- You will find a tab called Software Update which is located at the top of the screen. Press it.
- In the next screen you will find a tab called Update, press the same.
- Now your Galaxy S3 will get connected to the Samsung servers and the Samsung galaxy update will start immediately if any update is available there.
- If updating your phone OTA (over the air) is not going successfully, then you can update your phone through Kies from Samsung.
We wait for the software update for many reasons, such as the fact the update can turn your phone into a more useful cell phone, it fixes many bugs that were present in the last version, and also manufactures add some software tweaks to make the phone smoothly, and it increases the security as well.
So now you know how to update galaxy s3 firmware, simply follow the above-mentioned steps and from time to time, check if there is any update available for your phone.