If you entered your Apple ID password incorrectly several times, or someone tried to hack your account, your Apple ID will be locked for security reasons. Here, we are going to share a guide on how to unlock Apple ID.
See also: I Forgot My Apple ID – What To Do?
If your Apple ID is locked for security reasons, you may see one of the following messages:
- “This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons”
- “You can’t sign in because your account was disabled for security reasons”
- “This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons”
How to unlock Apple ID that has been locked for security reasons
Don’t worry if your Apple ID is locked because there is a way to get it back. Here is what you need to do:
- Open the browser of your choice and go to iforgot.apple.com
- To get started, you will have to enter your Apple ID and click continue
- Next, you need to prove you are not a robot and you will do that by entering a code
- Again, click Continue
The next steps vary for each user and depend on the security that the user set up for the account. Those who set up two-factor authentication will receive an SMS to their mobile device or will receive a code to a trusted device. If you did not set up two-factor authentication, you will have to provide answers to security questions. You can also change the password especially if you have set a weak one.
If you don’t manage to unlock your ID, you can try again the next day.
If your Apple ID remains locked, you can always contact Apple for support. You can contact them by sending an email, over chat, you can give them a call or visit one of their stores nearby.