Owners of the Apple devices know how much attention Apple pays for the security. If Apple finds that your account is hacked, they will suspend it immediately. Then, a message will be sent to you saying your account has been “locked for security purpose.”
Apple id password needs to use throughout the network of Apple service. So if you find that your Apple account is locked, it becomes a very problematic situation, especially when you try to download an app from the App store, or want to access your mail. However, the good thing is, someone else tried to access your apple account and Apple stopped them. Apple usually locks the apple id when someone types in a wrong password several times.
Here, we will discuss what all the steps one needs to take in order to unlock a disabled Apple ID.
Steps to know if your Apple id is disabled
Following are three alerts, one of them should appear if the account gets disabled.
- This Apple ID was locked for security reasons.
- This Apple ID is disabled due to security purpose.
- You are not able to sign in because your account was disabled due to security purpose.
Steps to follow to unlock a disabled Apple id
- Launch Safari from your Mac
- Visit iforgot.apple.com.
- On that site, you will have to enter your first name, last name and current email address and then click Next.
- You will have to provide the Recovery Key in case two-step verification is enabled. (If two-step verification is not enabled, skip this step and go to the next step.) You should keep the Recovery key printed out and saved in a safe location. Type in the Key number and click on the ‘Next’. Now you have to select the phone number that you used for two-step verification and Continue button needs to be clicked on. Type in the verification code and hit Continue.
- Write your new apple id password in New Password and Confirm Password fields.
- Hit Reset Password button.
This is all that you need to follow for apple id password reset. It will unlock your Apple account and let you use the account again.
Now onwards, you have to use the new password on your iPhone and Mac.
Steps to update the new password on iOS devices
Following are the steps to update the new password on iOS device:
- Head to Settings and then iCloud.
- Tap Edit (if asked).
- Type in your new password and tap Done.
Steps to update apple id password in Mac OS X
- Launch System Preference by heading to the Apple menu.
- Click iCloud, then Sign out.
- Now type in your new password and click Sign in.
In Mail, iTunes, Facetime and other services also you have to enter the new password.
Now, how to reset apple id is clear to you, so if your iPhone is disabled (Apple account) by Apple for the security reasons, you can change the password.
How to make your iPhone forgets someone else’s Apple ID
If your iPhone is asking for somebody else’s password, or if you have inherited an iPhone with somebody else’s account, your iPhone may keep asking for the password to the wrong Apple id. Here is a step by step guide, just follow it and you will get rid of that Apple ID and use your own.
Your email address is the Apple ID that is used to log into the Apple store, and the password is required when you want to download an app from the App Store. Now, if someone else uses their Apple ID on your iPhone to install an app, then follow the steps to remove that Apple ID and return to your ID.
- Launch App Store.
- An option “Featured” needs to be tapped.
- Scroll down at the bottom, you will find the Apple ID.
- Touch on that and sign out.
- Hit Sign in.
- Type in your own apple id password and touch Ok.
Now, when you want to update or download any app from the App Store, it will ask for your password. However, the app installed by your friend will also be there on your iPhone.