Have you ever wondered who can see your remote control sessions when you are not next to your computer? Did you know that TeamViewer has a feature that prevents other people who are in the room with your computer to see the session? Well, in this article, we are going to be presenting to you the Black screen feature on TeamViewer, and also, giving you a step-by-step guide on how to use that feature on your device. So, stay tuned and keep reading this article to find out how.
See also: How to live chat on TeamViewer
What is a Black screen feature on TeamViewer?
Whenever you are connected to your computer and are having an active session on TeamViewer, you for sure do not want for others to see what you are doing on that device, or what kind of files you are transferring. Well, the black screen feature on TeamViewer prevents other people to view or use that device when there is an active session going on TeamViewer. It would be easier to just turn the screen off don’t you think so? Well of course, but what if you are far away from your device and not able to do that? Well, that is when this black screen comes in handy. And we will be showing you a way to turn it on in TeamViewer. Head over to the second paragraph of this article to find out how.
Steps to turning on the black screen feature in TeamViewer
In order to turn on the black screen feature in your TeamViewer app, you must follow these steps below:
- The first thing that you need to do is to open up the TeamViewer software application on your computer. It does not matter which kind of operative system you are using, these steps are supposed to work for all kinds of devices.
- When the TeamViewer app loads on your screen, you should be able to see the Computer and Contacts section on the right of that app’s window. In that section, you should also be able to see all of the devices with which your computer has been paired with. Choose one device and right-click it in order to expand a drop-down menu.
- In that drop-down menu find and click on the Properties option. By clicking on It you are going to be expanding a new settings window.
- When that window has loaded on your screen, click on the Advanced settings that are located in the bottom left corner of your device, to expand the Advanced settings.
- You should be able to see a new drop-down menu with many options there. Among those options, firstly click on the Disable remote input one, and after that, click on the Show black screen option.
- And lastly, all that is left to do now is to connect to your computer and see if this black screen feature has been turned on. So, just connect your computer to another device, and start the session. You should be able to see that the screen on your computer has turned black as soon as you have made a stable connection between your two devices. If the screen on your computer has not turned black, it means that you did not do the steps right. If that is the case, go back to the first step and start everything from the beginning. These steps should work. Of course, make sure to enable the black screen feature in that drop-down menu. If you first do not click on that option, you will not be able to turn on the black screen feature.