Instagram is one of the social media apps out there. It’s one of the apps that’s very user friendly and safe. You can share your photos, stories, do live videos, and chat with your friends. So if you are one of those people that don’t like to share their activity status with friends and followers, you are in the right place. Keep reading this article and you will be able to turn off your activity status in just a few simple steps.
See also: How to download Instagram Highlights
First of all, who can see your Instagram activity status?
Not everyone can see when you were last active on this app. Only People who follow you and people you’ve sometimes chatted with are able to see your activity status.
How to turn the status off and on?
- In order to do this, you’d first have to open the app and then go to your profile.
- Now, depending on which device you are currently using, click on the three lines icon (for Android) or the gear one if you are using an iPhone.
- Scroll down until you find the “Settings” option with the little dotted circle icon. Then click on it.
- Since now you are in the “Settings” tab, find the “Privacy and Security” option and click on it.
- Now go to the “Activity Status” option.
- You will then be asked if you would want to turn it on or off. And you will get a note under it saying that you also won’t be able to see other people’s activity statuses if yours is turned off. If you wish to proceed, just turn it off. It is off if the color of the activity button is gray.
If you do not see the option “Activity status” on your app, there is a chance that your app is out of date. Go to Google’s app store and install the latest version.
If there’s still no “Activity Status” option on your profile:
- Try restarting your phone.
- Log out of your account and then log in again after a certain amount of time.
- You should maybe try uninstalling the whole app and then installing it again.
- If you still don’t see the “Activity Status” on your phone, send a complaint or a question to Instagram’s staff. They will give you more information, details, and solutions to this issue.
How to change the Instagram status on Google Chrome on Windows?
- You’d first have to open Google Chrome, search for Instagram, and log into your account.
- Once you’ve logged in, go to your profile by clicking on your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Now search for the “Settings” option that’s located right next to your username. It’s has a circle dotted logo, you won’t miss it.
- Click on that icon.
- New white pop up window should show up with many options.
- You will need to search and then tap on the “Privacy and Security” one.
- Look for the “Activity Status” option and check it or uncheck it if you still want to turn the status off.
Remember that you won’t be able to see your friends’ statuses either.
If you ever decide that you want to turn the status back on, the steps are literally the same. It’s just a reverse process.
After turning it on, you are going to have to refresh or log out of your account and log back in so the activity statuses of your friends will show up. You’ll know they showed up because the small green dot will be right next to their usernames in chat. If they don’t immediately show up, just wait a while.
This was just a simple guide. We hope that you could follow up and do these steps very fast and easy.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.