YouTube Kids is a great place for your little ones to enjoy watching cartoons, shows, listen to music, and more. But, as a parent, you want to be sure that your kid won’t stable upon a fake video that may have disturbing content. Since the service was introduced, many fake videos showed up. But, you can eliminate the chance of your kid reaching such videos by turning off the search. Once you do that, your little ones will be able to access only the content recommended for their age, and the search option won’t be there. Here is how to turn off the search on YouTube Kids.
See also: How to block videos on YouTube Kids
How to turn off the search on YouTube kids
You can turn off the search using the browser or using the YouTube Kids app. We are going to show you both methods, and you pick the one you find easier.
If your kids are watching YouTube on your PC, you can make the change using the browser. Here is how:
- Open the browser of your choice and go to YouTube Kids
- Log in with parent’s account
- Click on the icon in the top-right corner to open parental controls
- Next, enter the correct answer
- Now click on the kid’s profile
- You will have to enter your Google Account password
- Find Search among the options, and click on the switch to turn the option off
- The switch will turn gray
That’s it. You have successfully disabled the search. When you go back to the YouTube Kids main page, there will be no search.
Using the app
If your kids are watching the content using the app, you can make changes on the app, here is how:
- Open the YouTube Kids app on your Android or iOS device
- Next, tap on the lock icon in the bottom-right
- Provide the correct answer and click Submit
- Next, tap on Settings
- Tap on the kid’s profile
- Enter your Google Account password
- Find Allow Searching
- Tap on the switch to turn it off
The search is now off.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.