Netflix has become one of the most popular streaming services to watch movies, TV series, and documentaries. It has a wide variety of content available including trending Korean dramas, English movies that were a hit on the big screen, and even programs for kids. Hence, everyone will be able to find something to watch. However, Netflix has a default autoplay feature which many customers find annoying. It automatically plays the previews on the home screen and next episode when watching a series once the episode is over. Thus, in this article, we will show you the steps needed to turn off the Netflix Autoplay features.
See also: Netflix vs. Amazon Prime
Steps to follow
Part 1: Log out of your account across all devices
To implement the change in settings across all devices smoothly, it is important to log out of all devices before making changes. Otherwise, you may have to repeat this solution a few times. Netflix allows users to sign out of all devices instantly using a single device. We recommend using the web browser method as you will need to use a web browser for Part 2.
Using a web browser:
- Go to Netflix.com from your web browser. Sign in to the website so that you will be able to access your account details.
- Click on your profile. It should be located on the top-right corner of your window.
- Then, select the option: Your Account.
- Once you are directed to a new page, scroll and look for the Settings category.
- From there, you will see the option to sign out of all devices. Click on that option.
- Click on Sign Out to confirm the action when prompted.
Using a mobile device:
- From the home screen of your device, launch the Netflix App.
- From the Home screen of the Netflix app, click on the Menu. It is represented by an icon with three horizontal lines.
- When the panel appears on the left on the screen, click on Account. You may be directed to the web browser of your mobile device to continue the following steps.
- Once you have been directed to a new page, click on the option to sign out of all devices. Click on the Sign Out button that appears on the next page to confirm the action.
Part 2: Disable the features using a web browser
- Launch your web browser and sign in to your account on Netflix.com to view your profile.
- On the top right corner of your window, select your profile picture.
- From the menu that appears, select Manage Profiles.
- If multiple profiles are running on your account, choose the profile that you would like to disable the autoplay function.
- You will be directed to a new page where you can change the settings on your profile, such as your name and parental control. At the bottom of the page, you will see the options to customize the settings for autoplay controls.
- To disable the autoplay feature once an episode has ended across all devices, uncheck the first checkbox.
- If you would like to disable the autoplay feature for previews while browsing on the home screen in Netflix across all devices, uncheck the second checkbox.
- Click on the Save button at the bottom of the window. The changes to your profile will be updated.
- If there is no immediate change, you may need to log out of your account. Then, log back into your account.
- To implement this change across all profiles, repeat steps 1 to 9 under the name of the other profile.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.