There are so many great apps created for chatting and video calling, and one of them is Skype. It is available for years, and users from all around the globe log in daily to stay in touch with their family, colleagues, and friends. The app includes settings where you can find a variety of options that you can adjust the way it suits you. One of the things you can do is turn off notification sounds for new messages. This can be very useful especially if you have many contacts on your list and if you talk with a few of your friends or family members at the same time. Here, in this article, we are going to show you how to turn off notification sounds on Skype.
How to turn off notification sounds on Skype
Turning off notification sounds is simpler than you think. Follow the steps below:
- Open Skype app on your PC
- Now click on three dots located right next to your profile photo
- Next, click Settings
- In the Settings, find Notifications (located on the left side) and click on it
- Under “Notifications” find the option “Notification sounds”
- This option is enabled by default, and the switch next to it is blue
- Click on the switch, and it will turn into grey color meaning the option is disabled
This is how you can turn off notification sounds for new messages. It can hardly be any simpler than this, right? If you ever wish to turn the sound back on, go back to Settings > Notifications, and click on the switch for Notification sounds.