If you are tired of your phone constantly buzzing due to the notifications that your receive from Instagram related to your IGTV videos, there is a way to turn the notifications off. And, in this article, we are going to be showing to you some steps that you should do in order to turn off the notifications that you receive from Instagram. Head over to the first paragraph of this article to find out how to turn the annoying notifications off.
See also: How to create a successful IGTV Series
Steps to turning off the IGTV notifications
You will need to open up the Instagram application on your device before you start. Also, please make sure that your account is live and that you are logged into it, if you are not, you will not have the ability to proceed with these steps.
- Once the Instagram app has been opened on your screen, navigate yourself to your Instagram profile by clicking on the My Profile icon that is located in the bottom right corner of your device’s screen.
- When you are able to see your profile and all of your posts, swipe right in order to open up the right sidebar that contains many different options.
- Click on the gear icon in that sidebar menu to open up the Settings tab. The gear icon is usually at the very bottom of that sidebar.
- Now, when the Settings open up, the first thing that you should be able to see in that tab is the Notifications section. Click on that in order to manage your notifications.
- Here you are able to manage your notifications for ordinary posts, comments and etc…But, find the Live and IGTV section and tap on that in order to expand those kinds of settings.
- You might have to scroll down for a bit until you see the IGTV section there. Two IGTV sections are going to be displayed there actually. The first is the IGTV Video Uploads, and the second one is the IGTV Video Counts. And now, if you want to turn off the, for example, your video is ready to watch on IGTV notifications, turn the first section off. You can even set that up to only people who you follow. And, if you want to turn off the IGTV video counts boring notifications, turn the second section off by clicking on the Off button.
After you have finished with changing the IGTV notifications settings, you are able to just exit the Settings tab. Your changes are going to be saved automatically, so, you do not have to worry about that. If you are maybe experiencing some kind of problems while trying to turn off your notifications, you might want to head over to the second paragraph of this article and try to fix the issue.
If you are not able to turn off the IGTV notifications
First of all, don’t worry! This problem is usually solvable!
Instagram is a platform that only works if you have internet access. So, the first thing that you should check is if you have had a stable internet connection while you were doing the steps from the first paragraph. If you did not have the internet, turn it on right now and go ahead and repeat these steps once again.
And if the internet was not the problem, try to log out of your account and then log back in. Sometimes, the accounts need to accept the change, so it would be great if you could either log out of your account or close the whole Instagram app and refresh it later.