Whatsapp doesn’t allow its users to use the same account which is verified by the same phone number on multiple devices. If for some reason, you want to use an existing account on the new phone, you have to delete the one on the old device. Let’s say you have just bought a new iPhone and want to use Whatsapp account that you keep on Android phone. YThen, you have to delete that account from the Android device. How to switch account between devices without losing its data? There are some methods you can use to transfer Whatsapp from Android to iPhone. You can choose one that suits you.
How To Transfer Whatsapp From Android To iPhone
Method 1: Back Up And Restore
Whatsapp provides tools to transfer chats between devices. So, you don’t need to download the third party app to transfer Whatsapp from Android to iPhone.
- Make sure your phones are connected to the reliable Internet connection.
- Launch Whatsapp app on your Android phone and open Settings
- Find and tap “Chats” option from the list, then tap “Chat Backup”
- In the next window, you will see the “Back up” button. Tap on it and wait until the backup up process is done.
- Uninstall Whatsapp on your Android device.
- Open Whatsapp on your iPhone and log in using the desired account.
- Tap “Restore” and wait until it is completed.
Method 2: Using dr fone
Your Whatsapp may contain important conversations and files. That’s why for some people, transferring data is something to worry about, even though they have done the backup before. Foremost, when you switch data between devices which have different Operating Systems. If you aren’t really comfortable with the first method, this one is worth trying. Using third-party software like Dr. fone can help you to transfer Whatsapp from Android to iPhone.
- Download and install Whatsapp transfer toolkit from dr. fone on your PC. It’s available for Mac and Windows PC. Once the app is installed on your PC, you will be able to transfer Whatsapp in no time.
- After the app is successfully installed on your PC, launch it and click Restore Social App option.
- On the left sidebar, you will see the social media list such as Whatsapp, Line, Viber, etc. Choose Whatsapp.
- Select “Transfer Whatsapp messages” option. This feature allows you to transfer Whatsapp from Android to iPhone or vice versa.
- Now, connect both phones to PC using USB cables. You may need to enable USB debugging on your Android phone before moving to the next step. If you don’t know how to do that, don’t worry. You can just follow the guide that appears on a pop-up window once you connect the phone to PC.
- Make sure the Android phone shows up on the left and the iPhone on the right as you want to transfer Whatsapp from Android to iPhone. Otherwise, click the “flip” button to rearrange its position.
- When everything is set, click “Transfer” and select “Yes” to confirm and the transferring process will start. Let it work until it is completed.
- You can log in to your Whatsapp on your iPhone using the same phone number. Then, uninstall the one you have on your old device.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.