Our smartphones are not only the tool we use to make calls and send messages. These days, phones are much more than that. We use them to store our photos and videos, our personal data, and even our bank account details as we have bank apps. Other people could access the data on your phone if you lose it or if someone steals the phone from you. But, let’s not forget the hackers. They can access all of your data without physically touching your phone. Here, we are going to show you how to tell if your Android is hacked.
How to tell if your Android is hacked
Here, we are going to share the things that may indicate your Android phone is hacked:
- The battery of the phone drains a lot quicker than usual. The main reason for battery decrease is the spyware or malware the hackers are using.
- Pop-ups keep showing up – you may notice pop-ups that say your phone has malware or something like that and they may seem like they are the system messages, but these are actually malware pop-ups
- There are some apps you didn’t install
- You’ve noticed texts or outgoing calls you didn’t send
- Data bill is a lot higher than usual – many hacked users noticed unusual data expenses at the end of the month
- Browser’s home page is different – if you launch your browser and as soon as you do that you are taken to some strange page you didn’t set as a home page, it could be a sign your phone is hacked
- Your device is performing sluggishly
What to do if your Android phone is hacked?
We have shared some of the things that could indicate your device is hacked. And here, we are going to list a few things you can do if the phone was hacked.
- Get a reputable anti-malware or anti-virus software. You may go for the options such as Malwarebytes, Avast, just to name a few.
- Delete any suspicious apps – Go to Settings > Apps, tap on the unwanted app, and then tap Uninstall.
- Factory reset your Android device – if nothing seems to be working, and your device continues to act strangely, it is time for a factory reset.
You may also read: How to protect email from hackers
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.