Google Drive is an online storage space where you can store many of your files. But have can you upload and save those files? We will be giving you a complete guide.
If you are using it on your mobile:
To store photos on Google Drive on your phone, you first must have the app installed into your system. If you do not, go to the App Store or the Google Play Store, find the app, download it, and install it.
- Open the Google Drive app on your phone.
- Look for the Files option (it has some kind of a folder for its logo). It should be located at the bottom right corner of your phone. Click on it to open.
- Search for the folder where you want to store your photos. If you do not have one, you can easily make it by clicking on the rounded + button at the bottom half of your phone. Then select the Folder option and name your new folder. When you make it, open it.
- When you are in the folder, tap on the white rounded + button at the right corner of your phone’s screen. By clicking on it, you should now see a new small pop-up bar with many different options.
- You should click on the second option, the File Upload option. It has an arrow facing up for its logo. You cannot miss it.
- When the new window opens, you will be able to go through your storage and find the photo you want to store. Look for it in your gallery or your files. You can also select not only pictures but videos and maybe GIFs if you have some on your phone.
- Click on the picture to select it. The outline corner of the picture should turn red. If it does, you will know that the photo has been chosen.
- Find the Upload button. It is usually in the top right corner of your phone’s screen, and click on it lightly.
And that is it. You have now stored and uploaded a picture into your Google Drive account.
If you are using Drive on your computer:
To use Google Drive on your PC or Mac, you do not have to download any program or an application. You have to go to your browser (preferably Google Chrome), search for Google Drive in the search bar, or open it via this link: https://drive.google.com . Also, you have to have a Gmail account, but we are assuming that you already do (If you do not, open one, it will only take just a few minutes to register)
- When you have opened Google Drive on your computer, find the My Drive option that should be located in the left sidebar of your screen.
- The expanded files should show up, and you will see all of your files or folders that you have previously made (if you have any). If you didn’t, you are just going to see a blank page. But you can easily create a new folder by clicking on the + button and then selecting Folder. Name your new folder and click on Save after that.
- When you have opened your new (or an old) folder, click on the big white + button in the left half of your computer screen.
- This should now have opened more options. Click on the second option, the File Upload option.
- A new window will show up on your screen, and you will be able to go through your computer files until you find the picture that you want to store in Google Drive.
- Select that picture by clicking on it, and then click on open.
And that is it. You have now added a photo to your Google Drive.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.