Google Pixel 3 offers a great experience to its users. But, like every other phone, it may slow down after a few months. If you are using this model for a while now, and if you noticed it is a bit sluggish, you will find some ideas here on how to speed up Google Pixel 3.
See also: How to fix Google Pixel 3 Wi-Fi issues
Restart the phone
You can give your device a quick restart to see whether the problem is gone or not. Sometimes, restarting the device increases the phone’s performance. It is because it will close all the apps and processes that are running in the background.
- First, press and hold ‘Power button’ for 30 seconds.
- The phone will vibrate and restart.
If your phone does not have enough storage then the phone will be very slow because 10% storage space must be kept free for better performance. So, check the storage and clear data if needed. Also, if you already have a backup of your videos, files, and photos, then you can easily delete those from your phone.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ option.
- Find ‘Storage’ and tap on that.
- Then, check whether your phone has enough space or not.
- If not, then you can tap on ‘Smart Storage’ to free up the phone storage.
You can also delete the photos or apps automatically that are not used so often.
- Go to ‘Settings > Storage > Free up space’.
- Select the items you want to remove.
- Then, tap ‘Free up’.
For deleting Google Play content:
- Go to ‘Google Play app’.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines and select ‘Settings’.
- Then ‘Manage downloads > Remove’
Update your phone
To improve the speed of your phone, check for a system update. Here is how:
- Go to the device’s ‘Setting’.
- At the bottom, you will find ‘System’. Click on that.
- Then go to ‘Advanced’ and tap on ‘System update’.
- The update status of your phone will be shown. If an update is needed then act accordingly.
Next, check the apps’ update status as well.
- Go to ‘Google Play store’.
- There are three horizontal lines. Tap on that.
- Go to ‘My apps & games’.
- Check whether any new update is available for the apps you are using. For a single update tap on ‘Update’. For more than one update, tap on ‘Update all’.
Check for problems using Safe Mode
Any recently downloaded app can hinder the phone’s speed. To know whether any third-party app is creating problems or not, run the device in Safe Mode. When the phone works in Safe Mode, only the pre-installed apps will run.
- First, press and hold the ‘Power button’ option.
- After that, tap and hold the ‘Power off’. Click on OK.
- Your device will show the ‘Safe mode’ at the bottom of the screen.
- You will see if the phone is working faster. If it is, one of the recently installed apps is causing the issue.
What you need to do is restart the phone, and uninstall the apps you have downloaded recently.
Wipe Cache Partition
Sometimes the phone’s performance can be severely affected because of cache problem. It makes the phone very slow. Wipe Cache Partition method is used for clearing cache.
- Press and hold the power button to turn off the phone.
- Press both the ‘Volume Up’ and ‘Power button’ together and wait for appearing of the company’s logo or Android logo on the screen.
- Release both buttons.
- Among many options. Tap on ‘Wipe cache partition’.
- Then, restart your phone.