Chrome is considered to be one of the best browsers these days and for all the good reasons. It is fast, it delivers excellent performance, and it comes with many great options located in settings. You can choose whether you want to enable or disable most of the settings and make adjustments to match your needs. If you like having the home button right next to the address bar in the top-left corner of the screen, you can turn it on. By default, that option is turned off. Here, we are going to share a quick and simple guide on how to show or hide home button in Chrome.
See also: How to change font size in Chrome
How to show or hide home button in Chrome
If you have just started using Chrome, you may have issues finding the option you need. But, we are here to help you out. Let’s see how to show or hide the home button:
- Open Chrome on your computer
- Next, click on three dots in the top-right corner to open the menu
- Now click Settings
- Click Appearance option that’s on the left side
- At the top of the page you’ll notice “Show home button” option and a switch right next to it
- The switch will be in gray color because the option is turned of by default
- To enable it, just click on that switch and it will turn into blue color
- As soon as you do that, the home button will show up in the top-left corner of the browser, next to the address bar
- You can choose what will open when you click on the home button and the options are New tab page and custom web address. If you choose the second option, make sure to add the web address that will open up each time you click on the home button.
That’s all you need to do. If you change your mind at some point and want to disable the option, follow the same steps and click on the switch once again.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.