iTunes has a great option that allows you to share your library with others on your local network. You can set up to five PCs, and share a different kind of things. You can share movies, certain types of audio files, radio stations, and more. However, you can’t share the files you have purchased from Audible, and QuickTime sound files and programs. If that’s something you want to do and you are using iTunes on your Windows 10 PC. we are going to show you the steps to set it all up. Let’s see how to share your iTunes library on your local network on Windows 10.
How to share your iTunes library on your local network on Windows 10
In order to share your iTunes library on your local network, you have to enable the option first. Here is how to do just that:
- Open iTunes on your Windows 10 PC
- Next, click on Edit
- Then click Preferences
- Select Sharing
- Tick the box next to “Share my library on my local network”
- Select the option you want. You can share your entire library, or you can share certain playlists. If you go for the second option, you’ll be able to select playlists you want to share.
- In addition, you can require a password that users need to enter in order to get access to your playlist. Tick that option and then enter the password you want.
- When you are done, click OK.
That would be all. You have successfully enabled the option that allows you to share your iTunes library on your network.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.