When you upload your video to YouTube, you can decide will your video be public, unlisted, or private. If your video is public, it means that it can be seen by anyone who visit YouTube. When it comes to unlisted videos, they won’t be shown on YouTube and in the search results, but those who have the link will be able to see it. When you share a private video, you and the users you select will be the only ones who can see it. Here, we are going to show you how to share private YouTube videos, and how to change privacy settings for the videos you already shared in order to make them private.
See also: How to download YouTube videos to iPhone
How to upload and share a private video on YouTube
To upload and share private videos, follow these steps:
- Go to YouTube
- In the top right corner, click Upload
- Next, select the file to upload, or drag and drop video files
- Under “Select files to upload”, you will see “Public”, click on that, and two more options will appear: “Unlisted” and “Private”.
- Select Private.
- There will be a text field, in which you can add the users you wish to share the video with. All you have to do is type their email address.
How to change settings for the videos you already shared
If you previously shared a video which is public, you can always change the settings and make it visible only for a limited audience. Public video you published will become a private video, and as mentioned only you and the users you select will be able to see it. Here is how you can do that:
- Open Video manager
- Find the video you want to change
- Next, click the Edit button.
- In the drop-down menu, select Private.
- At the end, just click Save changes.
You can always change the settings again, and your private video can become public, just follow the same steps, and in the drop-down menu select Public instead of Private.
You may also read: YouTube gaming is ready to compete with Twitch