In this article, we are going to be teaching you a way to set up the unattended access on your computer device using the TeamViewer software. And also, we shall be giving you some more information about this software in general. So, just keep reading this article if you want to find out how to set up the unattended access on your device.
What is TeamViewer?
TeamViewer is a remote control software application that allows you to connect and access your computer files whether you are near it or far away from it. You just need to download the app on your computer and on your phone, for example, in order to connect those two devices. This app is free if you are an individual who just needs to connect his two devices together. But, if you are a part of some firm or company, and you want to access your company’s devices anytime you want to, you must either pay a monthly fee or pay a yearly fee. This software is available for many different devices. For example, you are able to download and install it for Windows devices, Androids, Apple phones and devices, and MAC OS. So, in that way, this software application is very flexible. And in general, this app is actually really useful if you are far away from your device and you have some files that you need to access right away, but there is no one there who can send them to you. And since we are going to be talking about unattended access in TeamViewer, we shall tell you more about that feature. Unattended access means that you are able to access your computer’s files even if there is no one on the other side that can accept the connection request. And here is how to set that feature up.
Steps to setting up unattended access on TeamViewer
The process of doing this is really easy. And this feature is really amazing. You are able to connect to your computer using any kind of device that supports TeamViewer. And here are the steps:
- You will first need to open up the TeamViewer software on that device that you are currently using.
- After that, find the Settings of the app and then go to the Unattended Access section in the app and click on it to expand some options.
- You should be able to see two little boxes once you expand the Unattended Access settings. The first box that you should check is the Start TeamViewer with Windows box. You need to do this now so that you do not have to open up the app anytime you want to use it, it will start automatically. And the second box that you need to check is the Grant easy access box. Then head over to the next step to continue.
- Now, you should be able to see a new pop-up window asking you to log into your TeamViewer account. Log in now if you have the account, or create a new one right away if you do not.
- Once you have logged into your account, find the Grant easy access box again and check it. You should be able to see a new pop-up message show up on your screen, just press the Assign button in order to continue.
- After you have finished these steps, you should be able to see that the Easy access box has now changed its name to Easy access for (Your device’s name) is granted.
All that is left do is to start using the unattended access feature, and that is basically it.