Chatbots have become very popular in recent times. To explain, they are highly specialized software applications that are designed to converse with human beings on the Internet. If you cannot relate to Nightbot (the subject of this article), you can relate to Amazon’s Alexa, Google’s Google Assistant, Microsoft’s Cortana, Apple’s Siri, or Samsung’s Bixby.
A chatbot is capable of picking out text input by a human and using its artificial intelligence to respond relevantly. Because of their quick responsiveness, chatbots have been sought after by many platforms including Facebook Messenger and Telegram.
Nightbot is a development of NightDev, a company that is centered around building live streaming and chats. Since you can set up Nightbot for YouTube, Mixer, and Twitch, this article is going to guide you on how to set up Nightbot on Twitch.
What is Nightbot capable of?
Nightbot can help you respond to your many viewers and make the live stream better for them in terms of interaction. You can also get Nightbot to play songs for your viewers. Nightbot offers you more hands than you may need once you are on a live stream or when you are offline.
Setting up Nightbot on Twitch
To set up Nightbot, you should use a desktop or a laptop (Mac, Windows, or Linux). Follow through the following steps but before you do so, make sure that you are logged in to Twitch to avoid having to do it within this process.
- On your web browser, click on Nightbot.tv. This will open you up to their homepage. You can explore this page and find out what Nightbot offers.
- On the page, click the blue ‘Sign Up’ button that is beside the ‘Learn More’ one. This opens you up to the 'Sign in to Nightbot’ page.
- Since you are interested in Twitch, click on the first button that is labeled "Login with Twitch".
- If you are logged in to your Twitch account, the ‘Permission’ page should open up. You will be asked to authorize Nightbot to access your account. You can give Nightbot the authority to:
- Change the title of your channel, status, game, and something else called metadata (whatever that is)
- Cut VODs
- Change how your broadcasts are configured.
- Run commercials on your channel
- Capture the details of those subscribed to your channel.
- Create clips from a broadcast or video
- View and obtain your email address
- View your channel’s bits of information
- If you are okay with everything listed, click the purple ‘Authorize’ button. This will redirect you to the Nightbot dashboard of your Twitch account.
That’s it. You have now set up Nightbot on Twitch and are ready to use it. You can look at the page now and see what you can do with it.
The left side of your Nightbot page displays the capabilities of Nightbot. In the top right corner of your screen, you should see a blue "Join Channel" button just below your profile’s avatar. Clicking this button invites Nightbot to your channel. To give it control, you need to head to your channel and mod Nightbot (make it a moderator).
If you need to know how to work your way around Nightbot, click on the ‘Help Docs’ button just below the ‘Integrations’ one. On the page that opens in a new tab, you get to know the nitty-gritty details of how Nightbot functions. You can now start working with Nightbot.
Having come all the way, you can consider your Nightbot setup a success.
Join our newsletter 🎉Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss out on what's happening in the tech world. It's that simple.
- Latest Tech News
- Exclusive Tech Deals