Once you buy a Google Chromecast, the challenge remains on how to connect it to your PC. However, you’d be surprised by how easy it is! Probably the only challenging thing about the process is that you have to follow a series of very long steps. But it’s a whole lot easier if you do it on your PC. Follow the method below to get started!
See also: How to Adjust EQ Settings on Google Home
What Do I Need To Get Started?
There are only three main things you need to get started with the process. However, they are very crucial, so make sure you have all of the things below:
- Google Chromecast
- A PC installed with Windows 10
- Google Chrome web browser (that is preferably downloaded on your PC)
Once you have the materials, continue with the steps of “Setting Up Chromecast on Windows 10 PC”.
Setting Up Chromecast on Windows 10 PC
To set up Chromecast on Windows 10 PC, follow these steps:
- In your TV’s HDMI port, plug in the HDMI cable of your google Chromecast via the USB power adapter.
- With your TV Remote, change the input of your TV and choose the HDMI option in which your Chromecast is plugged to. After you have done this, you’ve successfully connected your Chromecast to the TV. the next step is to do this on your computer.
- On your PC, open the Google Chrome web browser. Make sure you can access it because this method will not work without Chrome.
- In the address field on Chrome, type in “chromecast.com/setup” and hit Enter.
- When you’re done, Google Cast will search for any Chromecast devices connected to your network. On your screen, you should see “Searching For Cast Devices…”. Note that if Google’s unable to access your device, go to the Network Settings on your computer (or use your router) and switch the GHz from 2.4 to 5. You may also do this the other way around.
- Once you’re connected, click the yellow button on your screen that says “Set Me Up”.
- Moving to the bottom right menu of your computer home screen, click the Wi-Fi icon. Then, choose the new Chromecast W-Fi network.
- Click “Next” (the yellow arrow) to confirm this action.
- Now, the code appearing on your computer screen should math the one appearing at the bottom right of your TV screen. If it does, click “Next” to confirm the code.
- In the next screen, you have to confirm your Wi-Fi settings. In the appropriate text fields, confirm the type of your W-Fi network and enter the password. Once you’re done, click “Connect”.
- Finally, Chromecast should display the “Ready to Cast!” screen. Once you see this, you have successfully connected your Chromecast to your Windows 10 PC.
This means that now you are all set up to use Chromecast via your PC! Simply search for videos or photos or anything you wish to share on the big screen. Then, click the Cast icon (a screen with waves) at the top right of your screen where you usually see your Chrome extensions. After you’ve done this, your computer screen will be reflected on your TV. Now you can enjoy watching your content on the big screen. Wasn’t that easy?