Are you worried about becoming an iPhone addict? If you cannot help your self to check on the iPhone every few seconds, a minute before you go to sleep, and once you just wake up in the morning, you might have an addiction. This habit can have a huge impact to your entire life. To overcome the issues, you can set Screen Time limits on iOS devices. You can even block some or all apps for a certain time you choose, thus you will not be able to use it for a while.
How To Set Screen Time Limits on iOS Devices
Step 1 – Turn On Screen Time Feature
Start by opening the Settings of the iPhone or iPad, then tap Screen Time. Then, tap Turn On Screen Time followed by tapping the Continue button. On the next screen, tap This is My iPhone (iPad) or This is My Child’s (iOS device). Since the feature is enabled now, you can review all your activities on iPhone in real-time.
Step 2 – Set Screen Time Limits on iOS
After you activate the Screen Time feature, the next step is to set the Downtime and manage the apps. You can block all apps completely or select some of the essential ones.
- Go back to the Screen Time window. If you are on the home screen, tap Settings and tap Screen Time.
- Tap the Downtime section and toggle the button next to Downtime until it turns into green color.
- Set the schedule when do you want yourself not to use the phone by checking one of the options. Checkmark the Everyday option or Customize Days if you allow yourself to use the device as you want. For example, you can set the downtime only on weekdays.
- Decide how many hours do you want to stay away from your iPhone/iPad screen in a day by tapping the From section and select the hour. Next, tap the To section and select the hour.
- Make sure to toggle the button next to the Block at Downtime section until it turns into green color.
Step 3 – Manage The Apps
By default, when the Downtime is activated, you won’t be able to use the majority of apps, except Phone, Messages, Facetime, and Maps. These four essential apps will always be allowed so you can use them anytime. However, you can unlock certain apps you wish to exclude.
- From the Screen Time window, tap the App Limits under the Downtime section, then tap Add Limit.
- By default, it’s set to ”All Apps & Categories”. You can manually manage those apps by selecting the categories listed. Then, tap Next on the top right corner of the window.
- Set the time frame and tap Add.
You can also manage certain apps to always be allowed to use like the four default apps mentioned above. On the Screen Time window, choose the Always Allowed section and select the apps you want. The apps you have been selected will always be available for usage.